Pre cruise hotel in Ft. lauderdale

48 minutes ago, Pooch said:

Ok Publix is pretty far, ditto CVS and not sure about the ability to actually walk there.  I’ve found a BJs at the Oakwood Shopping center.  Google maps says it’s only .4 miles from the Springhill Suites although oddly that it would take 1.5 hours to walk there????  Is this doable?  Is it an area that one could walk?  Sidewalks for example.  Thanks all!

From the looks of it (Google StreetView) there are no official sidewalks once you make the turn to the main road which is why the walking route is an absurd roundabout way. However the it appears that it's a series of parking lots for shopping center along the road that you could walk safely along to the BJs.  

1 hour ago, Pooch said:

Ok Publix is pretty far, ditto CVS and not sure about the ability to actually walk there.  I’ve found a BJs at the Oakwood Shopping center.  Google maps says it’s only .4 miles from the Springhill Suites although oddly that it would take 1.5 hours to walk there????  Is this doable?  Is it an area that one could walk?  Sidewalks for example.  Thanks all!

I can confirm you can 100% very easily walk from this hotel to the oak wood plaza via sidewalks and only 1 major street crossing.