Beach Bed Rentals on Coco Cay if sold out online

Jill78

If the beach bed rentals on Coco Cay are sold out online excursions, do they hold any for walk ups?  Last time we were there we went up to a check in stand and were able to snag 2 beds, but didn't check online prior to our arrival.  Am hoping that they hold a few for walk ups....any thoughts or experience?

My gut says no that they wouldn't hold any for walk ups if they could just sell them all online before and guarantee themselves that $$$. However I can't say for sure.

Some could become available if people cancel which is a definite possibility. You are allowed to cancel up to 48 hours before arrival day without penalty so maybe closer to that deadline more people might cancel and you can snag one.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree people could cancel.  I have one booked for the cruise I am on because I couldn't decide whether I wanted it or not and didn't want to miss out.  But I may cancel it.  Not sure if it is worth the novelty of it when there are loungers with covers too that are free.

• 10 months later...

Royal Caribbean has been a little shady on reservations for the BEACH BEDS at Cococay for the Icon sailing in 2024 (our trip is approx: 1 full year out) There was never an option on line or otherwise to rent/reserve them for our upcoming trip on the ICON. The site won't allow those that have booked in advance and paid to rent these beds. After calling and speaking with agents as well, I was told it does indeed show they are sold out, but after several calls with different RC and Diamond club agents each had a different rendition as to why this was not allowing us to reserve them being that usual reservations/excursions would have opened closer to sailing dates. I was then told to literally go to the RC website every day and check for an opening as no one can be placed on a waiting list, even though Diamond Club members, as part of the loyalty program allows you to be placed on a waiting list (This  RC statement of benefits for being a loyal RC customer and a Diamond Plus member is actually even on Royal Caribbeans own website which they are not honoring) When I asked the RC Diamond Club Agent about this, they had no answer at all. Very disappointing and not all that excited abut our upcoming sailing, since being a loyal RC customer for decades clearly has no value to RC. However some good news... Ritz Carlton Yacht Collection has reached out, and they are excited to start a relationship and develop a new loyal customer!