Best value? Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Falmouth

UkuleleCruiser

We did Shaw Gardens (I think that's the name) in Falmouth (actually Ocho Rios if I'm correct), but it was connected with a trip to Dunn's Falls. Not worth the drive if done on it's own, but after the falls it was fun. I love palm trees and various tropical plants, so I loved the garden. It even has it's own waterfall on property, and a great view of Ocho Rios and any ships in port.

You don't have to climb Dunn's Falls if you just want see them, there is a boardwalk/path that runs parallel to the falls.

We did a cooking class through Royal years ago at Playa Mia.  It's a beach resort, but all of the cooking was done in the covered restaurant area and included preparing a three course meal and plate decorating.  I really enjoyed it and drinks were included at the time.

The turtle farm was interesting as was the island tour in Grand Cayman.

I can't help with Jamaica as I haven't been there yet, despite all of my Caribbean cruises.  First time will be next year.

Falmouth Jamaica.....stay on board the ship. Unless you want to do some heavy duty shopping! Just do not go outside of the fenced in area, you have been warned. :blink:

We actually enjoyed the protected shopping area. I went in to an expensive watch store, and asked them, "So, is this company headquartered here in Jamaica? Is that why your store is here?" Of course the answer is no. "So, is there a large manufacturing plant here? Is that why the store is here?" -- You get the idea. About 15 minutes of fun. So, I'm banned from that watch store. But there are others....

Matt had a guest post about chef Emily's food tour on cozumel which we are doing great in April. I'll let you how we liked it if you are not cruising before then.

http://www.cozumelchef.com

http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/10/04/excursion-focus-cozumel-food-tour

I'm looking into this. It sounds perfect for us.