Emed test for unvaccinated children

Joge

Going on odyssey of the seas june 19 from rome. Were are all vaccinated except my seven year old. Planning on doing emed one day before. For some reason not sure if cruise from italy the emed test are accepted for the unvaccinated. Called rci multiple times and the answer are mixed.  Some say yes and other say no. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CruiseCulture said:

Can anyone confirm Royal is accepting Emed tests for unvaccinated kids in Europe?

It depends on where you're departing from. For example, if you're departing from Athens you can't use telehealth tests at all regardless of vax status. Check your specific embarkation port information.

11 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

CDC requires at least one PCR test for unvaccinated among the two pre-boarding tests. Since the test RC gives is an antigen test, that's why the 2nd has to be PCR.

11 hours ago, KristiZ said:

Not applicable for the European sailings

2 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

This confused me also some time ago - Patty resolved it by pointing my eye directly to the page 😁

Let my copy that for you:

• Unvaccinated kids age 2 to 11 must show a negative test result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 1 day before boarding day.

Carotthat, what was your conclusion?

I think the confusion, at least for my family’s cruise out of Barcelona is the conflicting info. For example, it clearly states that “telehealth tests are accepted, but must be completed with a supervised video visit” (this describes the Emed test right???)

But then, right under this it also states “US -based vaccinated guests may purchase” Emed kits. 

So, which is it? Am I wrong in thinking the Emed tests ARE telehealth antigen tests? 

On 6/2/2022 at 7:59 PM, CruiseCulture said:

So, which is it? Am I wrong in thinking the Emed tests ARE telehealth antigen tests? 

You are not wrong.

The Royal FAQ specifically states these tests are for vaccinated only. The language where this is stated hasn't been updated since the Europe sailing requirements came out. It's on a page linked from those requirements still as vaccinated only.

Whether it would be accepted in practice as the Europe sailing requirements state unvaccinated can do either antigen or PCR, who knows.