RCI Cruise Sale

rjac

RCI had basically been running a variation on the same sale consistently for almost 3 years, they constantly change the wording but the math remains almost identical. Every now and then the switch is of benefit to a particular group (IE they add Kids Sail Free so if you have an existing booking that includes kids that was made recently enough that the natural price increase over time hasn't gotten you of the range yet then you benefit, but if you were booking for 2 then things just got "worse" as they took away the 30% for all and made it 25% on first for example.

Basically if you want to take an RCI cruise AND YOU ARE BOOKING UNDER THE US DEPOSIT RULES then book it now and wait to see if any future sale works to your advantage.

The reduced deposit is one that catches peoples eye as being "less skin in the game" ... basically its all marketing games.

There last deal was pretty good...along with the 30% off...they had reduced deposits by50%....as well as onboard credits of up to $100 as well as instant savings off at booking.....

As far as sale options for RCI, it wont get much better than that.

Of course, all of that doesn't matter if they have raised the base cost of the cruise before the "sale", which of course they would never do.... :D :rolleyes:

Guest toodle68

The first time I went to the RC website to book a cruise I thought I was getting some great saving with 50% off the second person.. only to realize that no matter what the 'sale' is, the end price is always the same.. yes, they adjust the prices, but the sales all seem to be for nothing..  I also noticed that sometimes when they offer OBC, the crown and anchor discount disappears.