43 days. Almost all checked in

On day 45 I did our check-in procedure on my phone.  I took a picture of my/our vaccine cards.  They are still saying that they are "verifying" them.  So, my question is, how do they verify a non-controlled document, the pertinent information is handwritten.  What is or can be verified?  

I can't remember, from past cruises, when luggage tags are available, boarding passes, and/or when boarding times are available.  But, as of today, neither are available.  No, there is no important rush for them, I'm just a little impatient.  Okay, maybe a lot impatient.  🤭

Inquiring minds want to know!

43 days.jpg

1 hour ago, jay1021 said:

On day 45 I did our check-in procedure on my phone.  I took a picture of my/our vaccine cards.  They are still saying that they are "verifying" them.  So, my question is, how do they verify a non-controlled document, the pertinent information is handwritten.  What is or can be verified?  

I can't remember, from past cruises, when luggage tags are available, boarding passes, and/or when boarding times are available.  But, as of today, neither are available.  No, there is no important rush for them, I'm just a little impatient.  Okay, maybe a lot impatient.  🤭

Inquiring minds want to know!

43 days.jpg

I called this morning about when to expect boarding times to be available and after the CSR checked I was told 30 days out from the cruise that it would be available.

32 minutes ago, rbdavis3591 said:

I called this morning about when to expect boarding times to be available and after the CSR checked I was told 30 days out from the cruise that it would be available.

Thanks for the info and effort.  I sure hope it happens.  We'll see.  I don't have much faith in the "Land Side" operation, just in case you can't tell.  The "Sea Side" operation is the best thought.  

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

They verify that the data they expect to see on the card exists. That's about it. They don't attempt to validate that the data on the card is authentic (other than name)

Then again none of it mattered when I got to the port last week as all they cared about was the hard copy card

Makes me wonder:  Maybe they have the picture of your vaccine card in front of them, tablet or computer monitor.  And while you are in front of them, they are looking at the card in the system and the card that you produce, live.  They may be just checking if the card you produce live is the same on/in their system that you put there.  Just guessing!

1 hour ago, jay1021 said:

They may be just checking if the card you produce live is the same on/in their system that you put there.  Just guessing!

Sort of...they're still going to look at your hard copy vax card at boarding to ensure it has all the correct information. If you didn't upload it ahead of time, they may take a photo of the vax card at that point for the system.

4 hours ago, jay1021 said:

Thanks for the info and effort.  I sure hope it happens.  We'll see.  I don't have much faith in the "Land Side" operation, just in case you can't tell.  The "Sea Side" operation is the best thought.  

Me neither which is why I keep checking and boarding times opened up over an hour ago. The earliest available time was 11:30 am.