Carnival Corp raising on board prices

Mike.s

Well, I think I read somewhere, maybe right here in the blog that Royal said, for the short term, they weren't going to add any fuel surcharges.  But, they can increase cruise prices and all/any of the ancillary charges anytime they want without making a production/news release of it, which I believe they have, subliminally or outright.  

“There is strong demand. And obviously, with the environment being what it is, there's been an opportunity to raise price, and we've been capturing that opportunity.”

if they're being that brazen in their increase & there's no pushback from consumers, it's probably a matter of when, not if RCCL & other cruise lines follow suit, unfortunately.
i think it's already started, somewhat with the lack of true promotions on the cruise planner

My perception is that prices have increased for drinks, internet, excursions, and cruise fares, except that through careful planning one can avoid the most dramatic fare increases.  I periodically compare average stateroom price per night on old cruises and new.  What I discover is that Matt's recommendation to book early makes a big difference.