Royal Up for linked reservations

My friend and I are bringing our families on a cruise and are afraid to bid on the Royal Up program because we fear one or both getting upgrades, then being far apart on the boat, and not together anymore. Out reservations are linked. Has anyone done this and if so, did Royal Caribbean adjust the rooms so groups could be together?

I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I'm the off chance I'm wrong and they do behind the scenes moves for our benefit during reduced capacity that would change things for us.

am in the same situation as u. big group of us, across 5 balcony rooms. 

worse is, we have different budgets for Royal Up. For me, I have around S$1,300 to bid and play with. and initial checks with my family and friends revealed that they dont have similar amounts to mine. So, likely that degree of success is different. 

Should I go ahead and bid? Or should I calibrate my bids to align with theirs?

All for one, one for all?

Agree with above comments…do not take the chance.  As much as I would love to try to Royal Up…I would only do so if cruising with just my husband…which apparently will never happen!  We always have someone who wants to join us so we book ((choose) our rooms accordingly and wouldn’t want to end up all over the ship!   Someday………….

13 hours ago, shearer said:

am in the same situation as u. big group of us, across 5 balcony rooms. 

worse is, we have different budgets for Royal Up. For me, I have around S$1,300 to bid and play with. and initial checks with my family and friends revealed that they dont have similar amounts to mine. So, likely that degree of success is different. 

Should I go ahead and bid? Or should I calibrate my bids to align with theirs?

All for one, one for all?

If you are all in the same part of the ship and want to stay near each other, then I wouldn't have anyone bid.  Each bid will be considered separately and you could end up in very different parts of the ship.

I have a handicapped room. Will they only Royal up for another handicapped room? I bid on a 2 bedroom suite because that would give me more room to move around successfully but its not handicapped. I only have partially handicapped room because I don’t need a scooter 

1 hour ago, Ttraver said:

I have a handicapped room. Will they only Royal up for another handicapped room? I bid on a 2 bedroom suite because that would give me more room to move around successfully but its not handicapped. I only have partially handicapped room because I don’t need a scooter 

No, I would not count on that at all. If you need an accessible room then you should keep the room that  you have.