Oasis Fitness center and classes

11 minutes ago, Terri Smith Johnson said:

We will be on the Oasis March 27 and wanted info on fitness center.  I assume lots of treadmills and elliptical machines are available, but are there circuit trainers and free weights as well?  What classes are available and what are the fees?  

Loads of machines and free weights. For cardio, as well as the treadmills and ellipticals, there are stationary and recumbent bikes, stair climbers and potentially a couple of rowing machines. One floor down from the fitness centre, you also have the dedicated walking/running track, one of my favourite things on this class of ship, as you don't have to do a million laps to the mile or dodge errant sun loungers.

I can't help with information on classes, I'm afraid, as I don't usually participate in those. Some are free and some have a charge and you should be able to see them in the app. If the details are still sparse for your own sailing, check the current sailing as that will give you a good idea of what to expect. Otherwise, you should be able to pick up a schedule on boarding day.

On 3/4/2022 at 6:04 AM, DunkelBierJay said:

This cruise compass from a recent sailing will give you an idea...look for items listed with Fitness Center under the Wellness heading for each day.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compasses/oasis-of-the-seas/sun-02062022-0000

Very little in the Cruise Compass, from what I can tell.  Maybe I overlooked it.

On 3/4/2022 at 6:44 AM, GatorCruiser said:

also dont forget youtube videos with ship tours, they usually hit the gyms in their vids.  you can see firsthand whats there. 

I, personally, am more interested in doing 12oz curls while cruising. But to each their own.

I have searched and they are all so old!!  I know the ship under went refurbishing, so I hoped there would be something more current.  Thank you

41 minutes ago, Terri Smith Johnson said:

I have searched and they are all so old!!  I know the ship under went refurbishing, so I hoped there would be something more current.  Thank you

There is a poster called Maitaivegas over on Cruise Critic's Royal Caribbean board who is boarding Oasis tomorrow and will be doing a live thread. Probably if you ask her she will check it out for you. Look for the thread called "LIVE The Oasis of the Seas 3/6-3/13/22".

17 minutes ago, GatorCruiser said:

You know , I work out at home but for the life of me I can’t drag my butt to the ship gyms. Just too much bar hopping to be done. 😃

I don't drink but I do love my food. If I didn't work out on board I'd have to be wheeled off the ship in a barrow at the end of the cruise! 😆

14 minutes ago, Terri Smith Johnson said:

I know...It's def not for everyone.  My husband has worked out his whole life (62 years!) and doesn't like to miss...even on vacay!!

That's me too but my DH is a couch potato. Luckily he loves the hot tubs so he goes for a soak while I work up a sweat! Another great thing about cruising, there's something for everyone. 

6 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

That's me too but my DH is a couch potato. Luckily he loves the hot tubs so he goes for a soak while I work up a sweat! Another great thing about cruising, there's something for everyone. 

We both like to workout...I walk/run and will do machines with him!

This will be my husband's first cruise!!  We are so excited!!  And we are newlyweds (sort of)!  Married Dec '19, just before pandemic shut down.  My dad was ill and we really couldn't go on a honeymoon, so this will be a delayed honeymoon/2 year anniversary celebration!! 

6 minutes ago, Terri Smith Johnson said:

This will be my husband's first cruise!!  We are so excited!!  And we are newlyweds (sort of)!  Married Dec '19, just before pandemic shut down.  My dad was ill and we really couldn't go on a honeymoon, so this will be a delayed honeymoon/2 year anniversary celebration!! 

Congrats on the recent nuptials 

14 minutes ago, Terri Smith Johnson said:

Oh wow, congratulations! Best way to celebrate. 💖

1 hour ago, Nguyen92 said:

I was on Oasis in Jan 2020. The only free weights were the dumbbells. There were a few free weight plates but those are for the smith machine. It didn't have the regular 45-lb barbell for deadlift or squat like at my regular gym.

OK...Not sure what my husband uses...He's a cyclist, as well as a "gym rat" and very fit!