Southern Islands Places to See and Things to Do

Swar

My wife and I like water, snorkeling, rain forests, drinking, eating, beautiful sites, and rum. Do not like tour buses, guided city tours.

Going to the following islands (out of San Juan) starting 13 March on an Explorer B2B.

Recommendation on at least 2 fun things to do on each island. Never been to any of these places. THANKS!

St. Thomas  
St. Croix     Rhythms at Rainbow Beach
St. Maarten     Maho Beach, Burger Magic
St. Lucia  
Barbados  
St. Kitts  
Aruba  
Curacao  
Bonaire

11 hours ago, Swar said:

My wife and I like water, snorkeling, rain forests, drinking, eating, beautiful sites, and rum. Do not like tour buses, guided city tours.

Going to the following islands (out of San Juan) starting 13 March on an Explorer B2B.

Recommendation on at least 2 fun things to do on each island. Never been to any of these places. THANKS!

St. Thomas  
St. Croix     Rhythms at Rainbow Beach
St. Maarten     Maho Beach, Burger Magic
St. Lucia  
Barbados  
St. Kitts  
Aruba  
Curacao  
Bonaire

St Thomas - Magens Bay or we love taking the ferry to St Johns.

St Maarten - any beach day - Maho, Orient, etc. last couple times we've just taken a water taxi over and rented chairs in front of Holland House.  They have great food and service.  St Maarten also has great prices on liquor for us Canadians.

Barbados - Calypso Cruises has a phenomenal snorkelling catamaran excursion.

St. Kitts - Day pass at Marriott or Hyatt

Aruba - Eagle or Palm Beach, UTV through ABC tours was so much fun.

Curacao - We rented a car from Advance Rent A Car in Curacao and it was such an amazing experience.  They provided us with a cell phone, map of sites (best beaches, view points, hiking trails, where to see turtles/flamingos, restaurant recommendation) and GPS.  We had the best time and explored the entire island.

Bonaire - Water taxi to Klein, or Woodwind Bonaire (it was a fantastic snorkelling experience).

We love Southern itineraries and have another booked for February St Croix ad St Lucia will be new for us. Our interests are similar so I will be following closing 🙂