Virgin Canadian Cruiser here! LOL! Need advice. Travelling Harmony of the Sea's Dec.31st.

Tozzie62

Hi Everyone;

1st off, I would like to introduce myself :-)  I'm Tracy from Alberta, Canada. Myself, my 14 year old daughter, my friend and her 14 year old daughter are sailing RC, Harmony of the Seas on December 31st. We are so freaking excited!!!!

I have booked mostly all of our shore excursions, dining times, but would appreciate any help I can get, as I still have a number of questions.

Our first stop in Labadee, I have booked the Dragon Waterslide, Roller Coaster, (I notice that you can't book the Zipline except for onboard?) We have also booked the Aqua Park?

I have also booked the parasailing, and Jet Wave Skis Passenger thing. 

Can anyone please tell me how far apart these excurisions are?

I am a 'suite' passenger , but not a grand suite passenger. Is it necessary to book a Cabana or private beach during our time onshore, with all the rest of the activities we have booked.

Thank you SO, SO much!

Tracy :-)

Wow, sounds like you have a good vacation planned, that's great. The Harmony is a great choice for the 14 year olds, lots of great activities for them, for you too!

My only advice I can think of now is to alot for down time. Sometimes with so many activities and heavy planning you can get too tired fast.

It sounds like you have your plate full in Labadee.  With the Parasail, rollercoaster,waterslide etc you will be quite busy,  as Jerel suggested, maybe too busy.  Not sure what you meant by booking a Jet ski passenger. I hope that means you and your friend will be the drivers and your daughters will be the passengers..  If you have never driven a jet ski it may be a little difficult at first so be prepared to get a little frustrated.  They do have a short class you must attend before starting.   Have a good time....I know you will

I am a 'suite' passenger , but not a grand suite passenger. Is it necessary to book a Cabana or private beach during our time onshore, with all the rest of the activities we have booked.

Welcome Tracy!

You don't have to book a cabana.  Being a suite guest, you will have exclusive access to Barefoot Beach.  A cabana certainly is a lovely way to spend the day and it provides privacy and some nice perks.  It's kind of like why book a suite or a regular room...not necessary, but a very nice reward for yourself.

I'm not sure what you mean by "not a grand suite passenger".  Barefoot Beach Cabanas are only available to rent by Grand Suite and above passengers.  If you're in a Junior Suite, you will not be allowed to rent a Cabana on Barefoot Beach.  There are Beach Beds in the normal beach areas of Labadee that you can rent.  There are also cabana's at Nellie's beach that you can rent.  Both of these options are available for any guest whether you are in a suite or not. 

However, with the number of activities you currently have booked on Labadee, I don't see where you would have enough time to get your money's worth out of a Cabana rental.  Also, as for as the "Jet Wave Passenger" Booking.  Someone else in your party will have to rent the "Driver" version of the Jet Waves, then you'll be able to book a "passenger".

Some sailings, like the one I have booked for myself next spring, do let you book the zipline through cruise planner.  I guess this isn't available for all sailings.

My advice would to be not book anything else for that day there, and maybe even cancel one of those things.  4 different things booked/planned is a lot of cram in imho.

That's a lot do ....and seeing as its your first time there and first cruise you should allow yourself some downtime for sure between things and to allow for unplanned or unforeseen things that may not be exactly how you expected them to be.