First night dining

Leighq

I know we get our luggage later that night so my question is what do you wear as you have to have it in a carry on bag most of the day?  Second question is do you all go to the MDR or something like the WJ because you may be tired (I’m at the airport at 345 am for a 5 am flight to Fort Launderdale) 

1 hour ago, Leighq said:

I know we get our luggage later that night so my question is what do you wear as you have to have it in a carry on bag most of the day?  Second question is do you all go to the MDR or something like the WJ because you may be tired (I’m at the airport at 345 am for a 5 am flight to Fort Launderdale) 

If you are worried about a dress code, there really isn't one whether it's the first night or any other night.  Many people don't dress any differently even on "formal" nights.  Odds are actually pretty good you will get your luggage before dinner, especially if you walk down the hall and find the staging area for your floor.  But if you don't get your luggage before dinner, you just keep wearing the clothes you wore when you boarded the ship!  Really, the only thing they won't allow in the MDR is swimwear.  The WJ is definitely a good option for a faster meal if you are tired.

11 hours ago, Leighq said:

Thank you both for the replies I am an over planner and like things almost set so my panic attacks and anxiety don’t happen. 

Because we almost always eat dinner in the MDR, I generally wear slacks day 1 of a cruise but pack shorts/swimsuit in my carry on.   Once we get to our room, I change and still have slacks available for dinner. That said, the first night is more casual than other nights in the MDR.  You will see shorts in the MDR day 1 even though they are not recommended as a general rule.  Then again, you will see posts from cruisers who almost always wear shorts to dinner regardless of venue for various reasons....so no need to be self-conscious.

I was on Symphony last week.  We were at the pool and waterslides on day one.  We changed at the public restrooms at about 11:30 am.  Ate lunch at El Loco Fresh in our swim wear.  When we decided to check out our room at 3pm, our cabin steward was waiting with our luggage outside our room wondering where we have been.  I have no idea what time he had put the luggage there, but I had the impression it had been there for quite some time by what he had said.