Covid testing

Leighq

Awwwwwww 😞

Welcome to the forums @Leighq!

I think many people have at least some anxiety over this.  I didn't allow myself to get super excited to sail until I'd received my negative covid test.  Like everything else, Covid sucks a bit of joy out of nearly everything, at least temporarily.  

I concentrated on reducing exposure to other people 14 days prior to my sailing.   I was reasonably confident that I'd test negative.  All I can say is know that you aren't alone!

1) Tests at Walgreens/CVS, etc. are free.

2) We've traveled all over the hemisphere in the last year.  Many, many Covid tests. The folks at Walgreens know us now.  "Where are you going this time?".  Anyway, quit freaking out.  We just plain don't worry about it anymore. We haven't had a single issue, but at the same time, it's not something you can control anyway.  

1 hour ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Awwwwwww 😞

Welcome to the forums @Leighq!

I think many people have at least some anxiety over this.  I didn't allow myself to get super excited to sail until I'd received my negative covid test.  Like everything else, Covid sucks a bit of joy out of nearly everything, at least temporarily.  

I concentrated on reducing exposure to other people 14 days prior to my sailing.   I was reasonably confident that I'd test negative.  All I can say is know that you aren't alone!

My approach exactly!  "concentrate on reducing exposure to other people 14 days prior to my sailing."  Learned the hard way after being exposed to a COVID positive friend only a few days before first scheduled cruise last year.   FWIW, after doing the at-home Abbott BinaxNow COVID-19 Ag Card test the first time, it was reassuring to know how easy the whole process really is.  No stress doing the test - just a bit while waiting the 15-minutes for it to "cook" and hoping for negative results.  The online process and proctors have all been great.  Documented results available in the NAVICA app and online within minutes (and in Florida it also integrates with the "Healthy Together" app from State Dept of Health.