Moving reservation to Travel Agent

whitsmom

To make a long story short, I have an on-line booking and was looking to move it to my travel agent.  I have had a Crown and Anchor account for years.  All of the sudden, it said my log in was wrong (which wasn't).  I couldn't retrieve my recovery as I haven't had that email for years.  I created a new log in but now I cannot pay on-line.  I called RCI and they couldn't get it fixed either.  I can call and pay over the phone but that is kind of a hassle for me I feel like.  Are they any of you that call in your payment directly to RCI?  I don't know if I can even transfer it to my travel agent anyway.

Any suggestions please.

What a hassle.  I hate technology sometimes.  I suspect that creating the new account was probably a mistake but hopefully you can get someone to reconcile the 2 accounts and get you squared away again.

You can transfer a booking to a TA for up to 60 days.  After that, it can still be done but requires some backroom maneuvering. If you are past the 60 day mark, let the TA handle it.  They are good at such things.  If you are looking for a good TA, I recommend Michelle Cunningham from MEI.

I never ever pay for my cruises using the "Make a payment" link on the website.  99.9% of the time I pay through my online banking bill pay function.  My bank just cuts them a check and sends it to them.  It take a number of days to get it properly credited (make SURE that you put the booking number in the memo line !) but it has never once gotten "lost" - and I have been using this method for years.  If I choose to pay with a credit card (which is very infrequently) I will call them and do it over the phone or if I am working with a TA I will have them make the payment using my CC.

So with your new login can you see your cruise history and/or current booking but just can't make a payment? Or can you not even see your cruise history?

I can see my stuff, I just can't make payment on cruise.  I can pay for extra stuff (internet and etc) on line though.  Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me but I will just call it in.  I just wanted to know if anyone else calls in for payments. 

What a hassle.  I hate technology sometimes.  I suspect that creating the new account was probably a mistake but hopefully you can get someone to reconcile the 2 accounts and get you squared away again.

You can transfer a booking to a TA for up to 60 days.  After that, it can still be done but requires some backroom maneuvering. If you are past the 60 day mark, let the TA handle it.  They are good at such things.  If you are looking for a good TA, I recommend Michelle Cunningham from MEI.

I never ever pay for my cruises using the "Make a payment" link on the website.  99.9% of the time I pay through my online banking bill pay function.  My bank just cuts them a check and sends it to them.  It take a number of days to get it properly credited (make SURE that you put the booking number in the memo line !) but it has never once gotten "lost" - and I have been using this method for years.  If I choose to pay with a credit card (which is very infrequently) I will call them and do it over the phone or if I am working with a TA I will have them make the payment using my CC.

What address do you use for the payment?  I really like that idea.

I always book through my TA and she makes my payments through her agency to RCI. Only once did I make a payment for a cruise by telephone. I like that I get an immediate confirmation to add to my folder.

As WAAAYTOOO said you have 60 days to transfer it to your TA. The upside is the TA and their agency might have more OBC to offer you.

I always book through my TA and she makes my payments through her agency to RCI. Only once did I make a payment for a cruise by telephone. I like that I get an immediate confirmation to add to my folder.

As WAAAYTOOO said you have 60 days to transfer it to your TA. The upside is the TA and their agency might have more OBC to offer you.

I have always used a TA, but my son-n-law did our booking for all of us. 

The address I use for the payments through my bank is

Royal Caribbean International

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL  33132

800-256-6649

It has always found its way to the right place.  Just be SURE and put the booking number in the footnotes/comments on the check.  It often takes a few days but it will get there, eventually.  IF you're making final payment be SURE and do this at least 2 weeks ahead of the deadline to make sure it gets there in time.

This only works when you book directly with RCI.  If you use a TA you MUST pay through them.

The address I use for the payments through my bank is

Royal Caribbean International

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL  33132

800-256-6649

It has always found its way to the right place.  Just be SURE and put the booking number in the footnotes/comments on the check.  It often takes a few days but it will get there, eventually.  IF you're making final payment be SURE and do this at least 2 weeks ahead of the deadline to make sure it gets there in time.

This only works when you book directly with RCI.  If you use a TA you MUST pay through them.

Thank you!  It was booked direct with RCI.