Few new things I learned on my Harmony cruise

Hi Everyone! I just got off a 7 night cruise on Harmony of the Seas. Being an avid cruiser and watching extensive Royal Caribbean Blog YouTube videos, I thought I was a professional but there were a few interesting things I learned on my cruise this past week. First thing, since we weren't able to book entertainment prior to the cruise I was nervous that shows would be sold out before I even had the chance to get on board. I learned that as long as you are connected to the cruise WIFI you can book the entertainment. With that being said, while we waited for our group to be called to board, we booked all of our entertainment BEFORE we even got on the ship. Second thing, if you are planning to drink beer but not purchase the alcohol package, I recommend purchasing the bucket of beer, compared to the price of regular beers, you are getting 1 beer for free! A crew member told us you could use your Crown and Anchor 50% off a beer coupon for the buckets and he let us redeem it but when we tried again later, with a different crew member, they said that was not a valid option. I forget the gentleman's' name but hey, it doesn't hurt to try. Third thing, if you are planning to do the stand up flowrider, don't wait until the end of your cruise. On my sailing, they gave newbies 2 tries per day to try and stand up longer than 1 minute. They made this rule so people #1 wouldn't be getting hurt and #2 not be wasting everyone else's time by constantly getting back in line to be struggling all day. They also told me that they do flowrider lessons to learn how to stand up. Once you achieve the longer than 1 minute ride, they give you a bracelet that lets you ride the rest of the cruise with no problem or quotas to hit. 

Not a tip, but a cool thing we were able to witness, in order to reduce the COVID positive percentage on the ship, they would transport our COVID positive crew off of the ships when we got to port. For example, we were initially told we wouldn't be going to St. Thomas because of our COVID numbers, then a bunch of crew were taken in tenders to Rhapsody when we were docked in St. Marteen and new crew came on, leaving us under the 1%, allowing us to go to St. Thomas, woohoo!

I hope this helps anyone going on a cruise in the coming days/months/years. I would be happy to answer any questions y'all may have in regards to cruising last week.