Bringing wine on second leg of B2B

Bob Burd

9 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

Yes, that is my understanding.

I believe wine must be in a carry on. We just boarded a cruise today, 2 bottles of wine per carry on and no one asked anything.  (We are 3 cabins) they don’t ask which bag goes to which stateroom.

Thanks.  Enjoy your cruise.  I've brought wine on board before but this is my first time on a B2B. Wasn't sure how it works on the 2nd leg.   Thanks once again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2022 at 10:38 PM, Bob Burd said:

On a B2B, can you get wine from a port in the first cruise and then they give it to you the night before which you can then bring on board for the 2nd leg?

We are going on our 1st B2B in April 2022. We usually bring wine onboard. This is from Royal’s website, in FAQs: 

Can I bring additional bottles of wine if I am on consecutive cruises?

Yes. Guests are allowed to bring two additional 750 ml bottles of wine or champagne per stateroom, for each individual sailing. Additional bottles beyond two, will be stored by the ship and delivered, two bottles at a time, to the stateroom on the first day of each new voyage. Guests bringing four bottles at the start of the first sailing should have documentation for both sailings available to share with security.

So you can just bring 4 bottles on the 1st leg if it’s easier. That’s what we plan on doing. Not sure how it works if you buy it in port and they deliver the night before debarkation. I can’t imagine they would confiscate anything from your cabin, if you are staying in the same one for both legs. But you never know. Someone should be able to verify that for you.

Buying wine in a port of call as the cruise sails as opposed to bringing four bottles at the original home port can yield different results.  Some ships may notice the B2B and not deliver the wine to your cabin for cruise #2.  This is one of those inconsistent areas where someone will report success and someone else will report a failure.

The guaranteed approach is to board the start of cruise #1 with four bottles in your carry on.  By splitting the bottles between two carry on bags it makes it easier to carry on and even less likely they will hold any of the bottles for the second cruise.