Hotel Recommendations for Amsterdam

12thman

We have stayed at the Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol in a king, club level room and it was wonderful. Luxurious room, very quiet and the club provides great complimentary snacks, drinks and hot meals. The hotel is actually attached to the airport and it’s an easy walk thru the mall like indoor walkway to the various airlines check in and baggage drop. I booked through Booking.com and the cost was $338.00 per night.  We left the ship and went straight to the hotel and with its location we didn’t need a taxi to airport for our flight the next day. 

3 hours ago, BarbieBell said:

We have stayed at the Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol in a king, club level room and it was wonderful. Luxurious room, very quiet and the club provides great complimentary snacks, drinks and hot meals. The hotel is actually attached to the airport and it’s an easy walk thru the mall like indoor walkway to the various airlines check in and baggage drop. I booked through Booking.com and the cost was $338.00 per night.  We left the ship and went straight to the hotel and with its location we didn’t need a taxi to airport for our flight the next day. 

Thank you, did you take a taxi or shuttle from the hotel to the port? If so how much was it? 

Check out CitizenM directly at the airport. I stayed there several times. It does not break the bank and is in walking distance to the terminal. Modern concept of self check in, small but functional and clean rooms. Some other hotels claim to be close to the airport, but it is still a 30 minute shuttle. This is 5 minutes walk!

I'm a Hilton regular, so I am usually at either the Doubletree right near Centraal Station, or the Hilton Amsterdam a bit further south. Both are good, but I particularly like the Doubletree location. I am not 100% sure of the cruise terminal location since I have never cruised to/from Amsterdam, but I believe it's pretty darn close to the Doubletree. 

On a more boutique front, I have also stayed at Hotel The Craftsmen not long ago and it was quite nice and a good location.