Alaskan Cruise with Pre Tour and Covid Test

Hi, I know this is way off and things with cruises are changing seems like daily - does anyone know how you handle a cruise (Alaskan) if you are doing the pre tour and the covid test before you embark on the actual cruise?  We have booked a cruise and my TA has no clue what the policy was earlier this year about the test so we are running basically blind.

Thanks in advance with the full understanding what is today with cruising will NOT be the same tomorrow!

This past Alaskan season they didn't do the land tours since they didn't do any one-way cruises because of the Canadian ban on cruise ships.

I would suspect that if you do a pre-cruise tour through Royal that they would arrange the needed testing for boarding the cruise.  But until you hear otherwise from Royal, you can only assume.  

On 1/6/2022 at 12:02 PM, not easy being green said:

Hi, I know this is way off and things with cruises are changing seems like daily - does anyone know how you handle a cruise (Alaskan) if you are doing the pre tour and the covid test before you embark on the actual cruise?  We have booked a cruise and my TA has no clue what the policy was earlier this year about the test so we are running basically blind.

Thanks in advance with the full understanding what is today with cruising will NOT be the same tomorrow!

Hi, we are also cruising in August in Alaska and doing a pre tour, I plan to purchase the tele health at home covid test from RCI as a fall back as we get closer (since they expire and I already have six for my cruise in February for the whole family). I am hoping that they might treat it like they do B2B cruises where they supply the test before the second cruise. As this has not happened before i guess we will have to wait and see especially with things changing constantly. Hope for the best plan for the worst.

Hmmmm good question. We have a pre tour too. I would assume we’d need a negative test 2 days prior to the land tour then another 2 days before cruise. I would assume Royal would offer that testing unless they keep us in a bubble? We are flying in the day before the land tour starts

I hadn’t even thought about any of this. I’ll add this to the list of things to worry about lol