Crown and Anchor on board credits - can I share?

wrh2016

Hi!  I am new to this forum.  I am a Gold Crown and Anchor member going on my second cruise this winter.   :D   My sister is joining me and this will be her first cruise ever!  My question is - as a Crown and Anchor member, I believe I get bogo drinks during the entire cruise.  Can I share the "free" drink with my sister?  Do you get both drinks at once?  I have never used any on board member benefits and I don't know how they work when traveling with a non-member.  I really don't even know what all the on-board benefits are, as RC doesn't seem to post them anywhere.  Thanks for any help/advice!

You will need to buy both drinks at the same time; however, anyone can drink them. It's not like the beverage packages.

I believe there may be a BOGO for beer and another for wine; I don't recall any coupons for cocktails, though. You will find happy hour specials around the ship to take advantage of fit cocktails, though.

Thank you DocLC!  We are trying to figure out if we should purchase the drink package at 20% off right now.  With the BOGO beer and wine, it is hard to decide.  :blink:  We are taking a 5 night cruise that docks 2 times.  Not sure the $42 a day will be worth it.   

Sounds like the drink package may be the way to go if you're leaning that way already. As other have said, you only get one coupon per member, but do remember that you can bring on two bottles of wine per cabin to reduce costs if you're into wine. There are also daily drink specials. However, there package will give you there must freedom, so just work the numbers.

If you're going to drink about 5 drinks a day, there package makes sense. If you're also going to get bottled of water and a specialty coffee or two per day, then you only need to drink 3-4 drinks per day to break even.

Sounds like the drink package may be the way to go if you're leaning that way already. As other have said, you only get one coupon per member, but do remember that you can bring on two bottles of wine per cabin to reduce costs if you're into wine. There are also daily drink specials. However, there package will give you there must freedom, so just work the numbers.

If you're going to drink about 5 drinks a day, there package makes sense. If you're also going to get bottled of water and a specialty coffee or two per day, then you only need to drink 3-4 drinks per day to break even.

One last question - If you have the deluxe package for everything except Starbucks, does the package count towards drinks in the specialty restaurants? If I want a cocktail while dining at Chops, is my drink covered?

Whether you like the idea of the beverage program or not, I will give Royal credit that it is greatly simplified and works just about everywhere.  I've been doing some research with other lines that have drink programs, voucher programs, and the like, and some do not allow for the programs to be used in the specialty restaurants.  So one thumbs up to Royal this round.

Whether you like the idea of the beverage program or not, I will give Royal credit that it is greatly simplified and works just about everywhere.  I've been doing some research with other lines that have drink programs, voucher programs, and the like, and some do not allow for the programs to be used in the specialty restaurants.  So one thumbs up to Royal this round.

I agree!  I think the new drink program is definitely worth it.  Especially with the 25% off being offered right now on Cruise Planner.