Sailing in 11 days out of Puerto Rico

peytonhead

We sail Sunday, so I don't have the experience yet, but our plan is this:

• Already loaded passports & vax cards in the app.
  • Friday morning COVID antigen tests near home
  • Print out negative test results- I've read here that shuffling back & forth betweeen the Royal app and your test results on your phone is a pain
  • Friday afternoon flight to San Juan. Have to fill out Puerto Rico's TravelSafe questionnaire on the way, probably in the airport.
  • Saturday, fill out Royal's healthy sail questions in the app, then just a tourist day in San Juan, will pick up some wine to carry onto the ship
  • Sunday we'll leave the hotel about an hour before our check-in appointment, hoping we can get in a little early but not standing around for too long if we can't.

I'll try to report back Monday or so with how things went.

7 minutes ago, joshvc said:

We sail Sunday, so I don't have the experience yet, but our plan is this:

• Already loaded passports & vax cards in the app.
  • Friday morning COVID antigen tests near home
  • Print out negative test results- I've read here that shuffling back & forth betweeen the Royal app and your test results on your phone is a pain
  • Friday afternoon flight to San Juan. Have to fill out Puerto Rico's TravelSafe questionnaire on the way, probably in the airport.
  • Saturday, fill out Royal's healthy sail questions in the app, then just a tourist day in San Juan, will pick up some wine to carry onto the ship
  • Sunday we'll leave the hotel about an hour before our check-in appointment, hoping we can get in a little early but not standing around for too long if we can't.

I'll try to report back Monday or so with how things went.

Print out EVERYTHING!  Your set sail pass, the covid test, etc..  it is far easier to flip through a stack of papers than apps on the phone.

This is what we did, but you will not be able to board early.  Royal is really enforcing the check in times at all ports.  We arrived at the port about 15 minutes before our check in time, dropped off our luggage with the porters and breezed right in.  Any earlier than that you will be standing around waiting.  We stayed at the Sheraton in Old San Juan and much like the rest of the island, it's a quick ride to get to the port.

There were many people who where way too early for thier time and it causes a lot of confusion with the lines and getting people through.  We like to board as early as possible, so keep checking for an earlier check in time.  

4 minutes ago, Reigert2008 said:

Royal is really enforcing the check in times at all ports.  We arrived at the port about 15 minutes before our check in time, dropped off our luggage with the porters and breezed right in.  Any earlier than that you will be standing around waiting

Oh this is really good to know, thanks- hadn't seen a report from San Juan on the timing topic, we'll head over closer to the time then.

4 hours ago, Reigert2008 said:

Royal is really enforcing the check in times at all ports.  We arrived at the port about 15 minutes before our check in time, dropped off our luggage with the porters and breezed right in.  Any earlier than that you will be standing around waiting.  We stayed at the Sheraton in Old San Juan and much like the rest of the island, it's a quick ride to get to the port.

Are the earliest check in Times for San Juan 1:00 to 1:30?

4 hours ago, joshvc said:

Oh this is really good to know, thanks- hadn't seen a report from San Juan on the timing topic, we'll head over closer to the time then.

Please report back to this thread, even if you do a new thread on your trip with a reference to that info.  I am not find a lot of info on the San Juan sailings yet.