Voom-ing for the Family Across Reservations - 4-Device Package?

Iluv4n6

Can a 4-device Voom package be easily used across reservations/between cabins? That would be cheaper than buying two, 2-device packages to cover the four adults on an upcoming family cruise.  On our last cruise earlier this fall, I don't recall that we received actual codes to login with like we used to pre-CV.  Rather, I think all we did was input our name, birthday and cabin number to login.  If this is the case, I think if I purchased the 4-device plan under one of our family reservations, everyone else in our family would have to login as me.  Maybe this isn't an issue, but I'm not sure...

Any thoughts/experiences on this?

Thanks! 

2 hours ago, Iluv4n6 said:

Can a 4-device Voom package be easily used across reservations/between cabins? That would be cheaper than buying two, 2-device packages to cover the four adults on an upcoming family cruise.  On our last cruise earlier this fall, I don't recall that we received actual codes to login with like we used to pre-CV.  Rather, I think all we did was input our name, birthday and cabin number to login.  If this is the case, I think if I purchased the 4-device plan under one of our family reservations, everyone else in our family would have to login as me.  Maybe this isn't an issue, but I'm not sure...

Any thoughts/experiences on this?

Thanks! 

You can totally do this and there is absolutely no point in paying the higher price for two 2-device packages. I can't remember exactly how it works but the only possible issue would be one member of your party trying to connect a fifth device. This would automatically disconnect one of the others. So really, it boils down to making sure everyone knows they are only allowed to have one device each connected at a time. As long as you think they'll abide by that rule you should be good to go.

If you buy the 4 device plan you create an account and set the password.  That account allows 4 devices to be logged in at the same time.  

In this case you'll need to share your credentials with the others so keep that in mind when you create the username and password.

The system does allow anyone with the credentials to kick off another device.  If your group has 4 devices connected and someone attempts to log in a 5th device the system gives that person the option to kick off a connected device.  In practice this is only a problem when kids get involved because they don't care who they kick off, at least in my experience.  

Share a 4 device plan, just make sure everyone is willing to play nice.  

2 hours ago, twangster said:

If you buy the 4 device plan you create an account and set the password.  That account allows 4 devices to be logged in at the same time.  

In this case you'll need to share your credentials with the others so keep that in mind when you create the username and password.

The system does allow anyone with the credentials to kick off another device.  If your group has 4 devices connected and someone attempts to log in a 5th device the system gives that person the option to kick off a connected device.  In practice this is only a problem when kids get involved because they don't care who they kick off, at least in my experience.  

Share a 4 device plan, just make sure everyone is willing to play nice.  

Thanks @twangster and @FionaMG  I think our family members can play nice with the same login.😇 We'll just have to keep the credentials from the two young grand-kids.  😅