If hurricane Nicole damages Bermuda...

Kris

This all depends on the location and severity of damages (if any), the status of infrastructure, etc.  

Bermuda, generally speaking, has very good infrastructure, strong buildings, etc - so significant damage is completely possible, as Nicole is a strong storm, but it's just too early to know.  

As things unfold Royal Caribbean will get information out to passengers as quickly as possible, but depending on when your cruise leaves and the timing of the storm's progress, they may not know until your cruise has left.

Thank you for your reply! We leave NJ Sat and I know it's still too soon to know what Nicole will do to Bermuda, but I've never been on a cruise before and I'd read they'll often re-route but I didn't know when they make that call. It's fair to say I'm nervous...

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

You may end up in Canada...pack some winter jackets and hats and scarves and boots....lol.

Ok, its not that bad here yet, but that's what happened to many cruises that left from NJ and NYC who were supposed to head south and then Matthew came along and they all ended up along the eastern seaboard and weren't too happy, nor had the proper clothing for that versus beaches in the Caribbean.

However, If you leave Saturday, you probably don't arrive till Monday in Bermuda, so based on the storm projections right now you should be fine! It's supposed to be gone by late Friday from Bermuda.

Thank you for your reply! We leave NJ Sat and I know it's still too soon to know what Nicole will do to Bermuda, but I've never been on a cruise before and I'd read they'll often re-route but I didn't know when they make that call. It's fair to say I'm nervous...

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

I am on that cruise too! As long as Nicole stays her course, she should be out of there by the time we leave Saturday. I hope the seas are not rough... 

Based on the projected path of the storm, it should be long gone by the time your cruise begins on Saturday.

Of course, if there is significant damage to the island that would impact the ability of the ship to dock and/or guests enjoy their stay, the ship may still get rerouted.  

Great! I'm worried about the seas and also about damage to Bermuda that would cause them to re-route...I really want to know - will they tell us in advance or when we're already onboard? And if they do re-route, do we have to go with new itinerary or so we have the option to cancel? This is my first cruise experience and so far, I'm not likely to book another...

Based on the projected path of the storm, it should be long gone by the time your cruise begins on Saturday.

Of course, if there is significant damage to the island that would impact the ability of the ship to dock and/or guests enjoy their stay, the ship may still get rerouted.

You may end up in Canada...pack some winter jackets and hats and scarves and boots....lol.

Ok, its not that bad here yet, but that's what happened to many cruises that left from NJ and NYC who were supposed to head south and then Matthew came along and they all ended up along the eastern seaboard and weren't too happy, nor had the proper clothing for that versus beaches in the Caribbean.

However, If you leave Saturday, you probably don't arrive till Monday in Bermuda, so based on the storm projections right now you should be fine! It's supposed to be gone by late Friday from Bermuda.

I wouldn't mind Canada if that's what I'd signed up for! I just hope they communicate with us. I'd already been very nervous, anxious and scared to cruise and I can tell you, this hurricane business is NOT helping 😳

Thanks for your reply!

You'll be fine.....as long as the projections stay where they are now.....you wont even know there was a hurricane that passed through  I am guessing.

Exactly .... we were on the heals of TS Karl when we went out there .... although a much weaker storm, you would never have known there was a storm at all ..... The only affect that there seemed to have been on the island was cell service.  Apparently some of their towers had been knocked off-line.