Hurricane Nicole

We leave out of NJ Saturday for a 5 day cruise on the anthem of the sea to Bermuda. Word is, hurricane Nicole is heading straight for Bermuda tonight or tomorrow! This is only my second cruise, so I am unaware of how the cruise line handles such things. Any advice? Thanks

Royal Caribbean will not put it's passengers in the way of harm. I haven't looked at any of the forecasts for Nicole, but if the storm looks like it will interfere with the cruise it is likely they will make changes to your itinerary or try and go around the storm.

I agree with what Kayla said with regard to Royal (and other cruise lines) working hard to keep everyone safe (which sometimes means re-routing, changing itineraries and such).  That in mind, the current forecast is for Nicole to be well to the NE of Bermuda by your trip.  Forecasts can change, but as of now, this seems like it will likely be a non-issue.

Nicole is expected to hit Bermuda on Thursday (according to National Hurricane Center).  If your cruise leaves on Saturday, the storm will be almost in Canada.  I can't predict or promise anything, but I think there is a pretty good chance you will go to Bermuda, provided the storm goes on its current course and there is not significant damage to the island.

I agree with what Kayla said with regard to Royal (and other cruise lines) working hard to keep everyone safe (which sometimes means re-routing, changing itineraries and such).  That in mind, the current forecast is for Nicole to be well to the NE of Bermuda by your trip.  Forecasts can change, but as of now, this seems like it will likely be a non-issue.

This is my hope! I am worried about rough seas as Nicole moves north, but it is going to be what it's going to be.

This is my hope! I am worried about rough seas as Nicole moves north, but it is going to be what it's going to be.

2+ days removed from the storm, hopefully the impact will be significantly less on the waves.  The Captain will also try to find the smoothest path possible.  In general, they do a pretty good job at ensuring the cruise is enjoyable and safe for guests.

2+ days removed from the storm, hopefully the impact will be significantly less on the waves.  The Captain will also try to find the smoothest path possible.  In general, they do a pretty good job at ensuring the cruise is enjoyable and safe for guests.

Exactly what Matt said ..... we were on the September 24th sailing of Grandeur out of Baltimore .... we were on the heals of TS Karl -- it was blatantly obvious the captain held back on the speed as we got out there in order to provide a smoother sailing ..... was it like glass?  No, but it was obvious he was doing his best to ensure a smooth sailing ...... which it was ...... We had a FANTASTIC time and can't wait to do it again.