Independence of the Seas Boarding Delay

Royal Caribbean has sent a message to passengers of the 4/20/14 sailing of the Independence of the Seas that boarding will be delayed due to extra sanitization procedures. 

S: Important Notice: Independence of the Seas, April 20, 2014
Hello, this is Royal Caribbean International. We would like to provide you with some important information regarding your Sunday, April 20, sailing onboard the Independence of the Seas out of Fort Lauderdale, Florida. During the ship's last sailing, a number of guests experienced a gastrointestinal illness. We will conduct enhanced sanitizing onboard the ship and within the terminal to help prevent any illness from affecting your cruise. Therefore, your check-in and boarding will be delayed. Because space and seating in the terminal is very limited, we ask that you not arrive to the port before 1:30 PM. Check in will take place between 1:30 PM and 4:30 PM. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.    To confirm: reply with YES and send.

How was this message sent. Seems very peculiar "Hello, this is Royal Caribbean International."

I would DEFINITELY prefer that they clean. I would prefer EVEN MORE that people would practice good hygiene. It's not RC's fault that there was an outbreak, it's the fault of Frank and Mildred Patterson who, at 80 years old, just feel that washing their hands is a waste of time, or that reaching their bare hands into the food in the buffet is acceptable.

*cringe*

I could even AVOID the buffet if I wanted, but if enough people are dumb, an outbreak is an outbreak.

"Good morning, please sanitize your hands!" Yes. Done. I'll do it twice. Thank you for asking!

How was this message sent. Seems very peculiar "Hello, this is Royal Caribbean International."

I would DEFINITELY prefer that they clean. I would prefer EVEN MORE that people would practice good hygiene. It's not RC's fault that there was an outbreak, it's the fault of Frank and Mildred Patterson who, at 80 years old, just feel that washing their hands is a waste of time, or that reaching their bare hands into the food in the buffet is acceptable.

*cringe*

I could even AVOID the buffet if I wanted, but if enough people are dumb, an outbreak is an outbreak.

"Good morning, please sanitize your hands!" Yes. Done. I'll do it twice. Thank you for asking!

Bryce you are spot on, if people washed there hands after using the restroom it would greatly reduce the spread of germs but so many don't. On our last cruise I was amazed to to observe a member of staff from one of the restaurants enter the restroom and use the toilet and then leave without washing his hands.

Surely the staff are programmed on how important hygiene is.