B2B tipping

Dicey

Royal is going to add it as a daily charge to your room, so I’d add the pre-paid gratuities to each sailing then you can add extra for exceptional service. Bothered always the chance your service teams change.  Prepaid gratuities allow you to not have as large of a credit card bill towards at the end of the cruise or have to carry large sums of cash.

If we are doing a B2B, we would normally let the various people know this fact and normally tip at the end of the second leg, unless someone goes out of their way on the first leg. However, we would give our room attendant and favourite bar person a tip at the beginning of the first cruise and a little something at the end. This tends to work for us and especially at the pool bar which can get crazy; I would rarely wait for service and once they know my drinks, would grab it as I approach and  I sheepish grab my drinks with groups of people giving evil looks. Being Australian, it is not normal for us to tip, but when on a ship, we understand the value of tipping, not just for the service, which is alway great, but how a little extra cash in their hand can help their families back at home.