Cozumel canceled? Oct 24th, 31st Liberty of the seas.

MuttMutt

Just had two things canceled on my b2b on Liberty starting on October 24th.  Anyone else have the same thing happen? Sounds like they are canceling the stop from what the email stated. 

Due to changes necessary, we have cancelled some of your selections for your upcoming cruise. These cancellations are based on one of the following scenarios:

• There has been a change to your cruise itinerary or one of the ports visited required for certain selections to be cancelled from your reservation;
  • There has been a change to the arrival and/or departure time for a specific port that required for certain selections to be cancelled from your reservation;
  • The item you reserved or purchased is no longer available;
  • The date of birth of one of the guests has been changed making the purchase no longer valid.

Special Note:

Dear Guest, Were counting down the days to having you onboard your upcoming Royal Caribbean cruise. Before we set sail, we are sorry to share that your Certified Scuba Dive tour in Cozumel, Mexico has been cancelled due to operational reasons. We know how much time and effort go into planning your cruise experience and apologize for any inconvenience caused. Weve issued a full refund of your tour to your original form(s) of payment. You can expect to receive your refund within 30 days. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution. While not the excursion you originally planned, here is an alternative option in Cozumel that may be of interest to you: Coral Gardens Certified Dive For more information on these tours and more, you can sign into Cruise Planner at https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked . Or, feel free to give us a call at 1-800-398-9819 so one of our agents can help find the perfect excursion for you. Thanks for your patience and understanding during this time. Sincerely, Royal Caribbean International

The second half of your two week cruise (October 31) is to the Cayman Islands which will not reopen for cruise ships until late January 2022. We are on that cruise and have been waiting for the itinerary change as we have all our excursions booked. This particular change though looks like the tour operator is cancelling as they are suggesting a different excursion in Cozumel.

Edited by CrznTxn
Update

Don't know.  It's odd that they killed off from two separate cruises.  At this point I am almost considering canceling.  It's not that I don't enjoy being on the ship but the few excursions I want to do end up being dives and if I am going to end up being on the same route and only able to do a couple (Costa Maya is WAY overpriced IMHO so only doing it once) I honestly have much less desire to go.  

I like being in the water to burn a couple cylinders and then basically lounging around the rest of the day.  I have even considered finding out if I can take my cylinders with me on the ship if I end up in a place like CoCo Cay or Labadee.  Then get to the dock and just hop off and explore while the people around are wondering what just happened. 

1 hour ago, MuttMutt said:

Don't know.  It's odd that they killed off from two separate cruises.  At this point I am almost considering canceling.  It's not that I don't enjoy being on the ship but the few excursions I want to do end up being dives and if I am going to end up being on the same route and only able to do a couple (Costa Maya is WAY overpriced IMHO so only doing it once) I honestly have much less desire to go.  

I like being in the water to burn a couple cylinders and then basically lounging around the rest of the day.  I have even considered finding out if I can take my cylinders with me on the ship if I end up in a place like CoCo Cay or Labadee.  Then get to the dock and just hop off and explore while the people around are wondering what just happened. 

A friend of mine has taken all her diving gear on RCI before.  That as pre-Covid but I wouldn't think that would change anything.

7 hours ago, whitsmom said:

A friend of mine has taken all her diving gear on RCI before.  That as pre-Covid but I wouldn't think that would change anything.

I took my bcd, fins, mask, regulators, and that kind of stuff but not a cylinder. She took hers? Plus my 117 steels are 60 pounds each full. I'm guessing the porters won't enjoy that,  lol. 

On 9/3/2021 at 9:32 PM, MuttMutt said:

I took my bcd, fins, mask, regulators, and that kind of stuff but not a cylinder. She took hers? Plus my 117 steels are 60 pounds each full. I'm guessing the porters won't enjoy that,  lol. 

She had a cart that the (2) cylinders were in that had wheels on it.  I don't remember if she carried (rolled) them on herself or if she turned them over to the porters. 

14 hours ago, whitsmom said:

She had a cart that the (2) cylinders were in that had wheels on it.  I don't remember if she carried (rolled) them on herself or if she turned them over to the porters. 

Awesome.  That opens up a whole world of possibilities.