Reservations walk-through

Ampurp85

I would have thought @Mattwould have blogged thoroughly about this. I have seen it briefly mentioned but would really like to know the entire process. I was wondering for those who have sailed already, could you walk through the reservation process on the App. It would be nice to know how things work. Like do you have to do it by date or restaurant/experience? How about on the ship, will they allow you to make reservations for all restaurants at a particular one.....i.e. can you make all reservations at Chop's but for other places like Sabor or Giovanni's? TIA

If I remember correctly when you are in the app and connected to the ship's wifi, when you are looking at the specific restaurant it will give you an option to make a reservation and then you can select the date and time.  I was able to make multiple reservations for the same evening with the app, but I will say that most of the time I looked in the app the only availability was for the early (5pm ish) and late dining times (9pm ish).

When you are on the ship you can make reservations for the entire sailing when you get on at any of the specialty restaurants or usually they have someone in the promenade. You should be able to do this at any point during the sailing, most of the restaurants can see the other restaurant availability. One exception for me was Izumi hibachi -- for some reason they had to make a phone call to check on reservations for that.

Once on the ship the app was easy to use to make reservations for the shows and most restaurants. They did have little tables for each of the restaurants in front of Izumi's on the promenade for our Adventure sailing a couple of weeks ago with folks there to sign you up, super easy. The app lists all the activities during the day but I still set the alarm on my phone to signal for an event I wanted to attend. Wish they had that feature but not required.

Outside of the restaurants, most of the activities are required to be booked once you get on the ship.

I booked the comedy show on night one by finding it in the app, clicking the reservation button and selecting a time.  Truthfully, it was not necessary as there was plenty of seating and they didn't even check if I had a reservation.

On Celebrity, clearly using the same platform for the app, this is what I found:

• You can download it before you board but the only thing that is truly functional is the check in process.
  • You cannot make main or specialty restaurant reservations until you're onboard and signed into the ships wifi. If you buy a specialty restaurant package you cannot book times in advance - only on the ship. I inquired about this with a CSR and was told that the restaurant managers know who is booking specialty restaurants by package and will reserve space for you - seems like you get some sort of priority when selecting times. Never had a problem dining when we wanted to and where we wanted to - we are anytime diners but dine at the same time in the mains.
  • I used it for and found it easy to check in. One of the nice features is that using your phone allows you to snap pictures of your passport and the photo ID picture you'll use aboard. The web site check in looks a bit different but has the same process. You just have to download pics you snapped of your passport and yourself to your computer and then upload them. If you have a camera on your PC or lap top that works too.
  • Once on the ship, the app works without an internet plan. You create an account, select the options you want (e.g. free wifi only or an internet package) and sign in. Once signed in to the ship's wifi the app works really well. There's a Daily Planner that lists everything going on aboard the ship. You can select events you want to participate in, check "schedule," and it will show up on the My Calendar section of the app.
  • You can also follow your guest account spending and a bunch of other features.
  • Its easy to use and fairly intuitive.