Odessey Junior Suite capacity

RICT

I'm searching for Junior suites for an Odessey of the Seas cruise. I notice there's plenty of availability when I search for 2 occupants but then for 3 occupants the Junior Suites don't show and only Junior Suites with Large Balcony are available. Why would this be? Don't the junior suites have a sleeper sofa? 

The price increase to the large balcony coupled with the 3rd person makes the price jump tremendously. 

Additionally, when searching standard balcony rooms the opposite happens. I find lots of availability for 3 people in the cabin and then that cabin disappears when searching for 2 occupants ?!? 

This is just bizarre. Any incite would be appreciated. 

8 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Not all junior suites can sleep more than 2.

So not all Junior suites  have the double sofa sleeper as advertised in the room category description?

And why would some balcony rooms not allow booking with 2 people but allow booking with 3 ?

Thanks

Muster station capacity is finite.  Cabins are grouped into muster zones.  The result is that certain cabins in a muster zone can accommodate different numbers while some are fixed at a capacity of 2. 

Royal has been at this game a long time and they know what works, what tends to sell and what doesn't.  It might not make sense to us but that's because we don't see things from their perspective.  

There is a lot more that goes into ship capacity design compared to a hotel where they can put 8 people into a space and not care.  

• 3 months later...

The videos I have seen for J4 Jr Suites on Odyssey clearly show a tub and shower stall in main bathroom. However in the videos of a J3, I don’t see a shower stall. Is that a difference between the 3 and 4?  

Also on the RC web site the deck plans for the Odyssey show the capacity for J3 and J4 as “up to 4 guests” contrary to most postings which indicate a 4 is limited to 2 guests. Anyone ever been in a 4 with 4 guests?