Can the low capacity on AOS continue?

Eswort

Matt mentioned on his live a little while ago that the 6/19 sailing has only around 900 passengers, this makes me nervous that I’m going have yet another cancelled cruise (one I thought would be more definite) I’m scheduled on the final sailing out of the Bahamas September 11th, do you think they can continue these sailings at 1/3 capacity? 

17 minutes ago, Eswort said:

Matt mentioned on his live a little while ago that the 6/19 sailing has only around 900 passengers, this makes me nervous that I’m going have yet another cancelled cruise (one I thought would be more definite) I’m scheduled on the final sailing out of the Bahamas September 11th, do you think they can continue these sailings at 1/3 capacity? 

I could be wrong, but I thought they were increasing capacity every so many days on these cruises as they ramp up to full cruising. Of course, things are always subject to change, but i personally don't think any of the Bahamas sailings are in danger, since they are actually going now, but who knows.

I was told that this week was intentionally kept to 33 percent. The next 3 are planned at 50% and that they would increase from there. They did acknowledge that sales were very strong until the US cruises were announced and have decreased since. 

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

I think it just goes to show how bad Bermuda bookings really were.

https://www.royalgazette.com/tourism/news/article/20210615/royal-caribbean-cruises-scrapped-because-of-strict-island-covid-19-rules/

Bookings were probably bad, but after reading this article it makes me believe that they couldn't come to an agreement on the restrictions so it was easier for them to pull out of Bermuda.  They rerouted a lot of itineraries that were slated to port there as well because Bermuda required 100% vaccination for passengers.  It appears from the comments, a lot are upset about the heavy restrictions and their effects on tourism in Bermuda.