Champagne

JBC

It's interesting that you were able to get Champagne on the Premium package. We had a strange situation concerning Champagne on a previous cruise (on Adventure, I think). We didn't have a drinks package, but we did have a "buy one, get one free" offer for wine on C&A. So, we ordered two glasses of Champagne, only to be refused by the server on the basis that Champagne is not wine. No amount of reasoning (or appeals to read the label on the bottle) availed. We were offered Californian sparkling wine, however, which presumably does count as wine. It is just as well we are not French!

Obviously, Royal Caribbean can stipulate whatever conditions they like but I would expect such to be clear, unambiguous and consistent.

Whilst on the subject, I do find it mildly irritating that the term "champagne" appears to be used to refer to any white, sparkling wine. To the best of my knowledge, it should only be applied to wines that originate in a specific region in France. So the "champagne" offered at Art Auctions, Captain's Reception, Concierge, etc. is a bit of a misnomer. I don't have a problem with what is served (especially if it is free) and some non-champagne, white, sparkling wines are arguably better than some Champagnes. I just think it is better not to mislead people.

Anyway, the Premium drinks package was included in the price of an upcoming cruise on Navigator, so it will be interesting to see what we are entitled to have.