For music lovers — My older daughter’s Junior year recital

JLMoran

Ok, I know I have been posting a fair number of things here about my kids. I thank everyone who has put up with this while I’ve been getting through my surgeries and the in-between times that were, frankly, pretty rough for me. These posts have been as much of a coping mechanism and means of contact during this time and my overall “house arrest” period since late 2019, as they have been my genuine desire to say how proud I am of both of my daughters.

With that said, here is what will probably be the last such post from me for a good while. My older daughter performed her Junior recital the weekend before my surgery. My family and I were fully vaccinated, so we all attended (we were three out of like 20 people total) and my daughter asked me to record it. Nothing fancy, I wanted to be able to sit back and enjoy the show.

I have never felt so emotional at a performance. She blew us all away with how much her singing and performing skills have grown over the last three years, and how much her confidence in herself and those skills have grown. If you don’t have the full 36 minutes to spare, just watch the last 10 minutes or so where she sings “Poor Wand’ring One” and “Girl in 14G”. I was grinning ear to ear and getting chills when she sang these.

Thanks again. It means more than you know to be able to share this.

• 6 months later...