U.S. Politicians Urge CDC to Keep Cruise Industry Closed

1 hour ago, RBRSKI said:

Maybe those Politicians that continue to attack the cruise industry, look at the web cams on Coco Beach today.  They would have a melt down!

There are a dwindling number of those politicians I believe. I base that on the bills that members of Congress are submitting - maybe it's good theater but a lot of work goes into submitting a bill. Members know or are told by senior leadership if a bill has no chance of even being considered. Don't submit it. We'll there are 2 bills submitted and probably another that will be. I think Congress, unattached to the current executive, would come to the same conclusion about the NSO, CSO and the crippling of the cruise industry as we have. It's unwarranted and probably not lawful - that's another story by itself winding its way through the courts.

The more I write about this, the more I reason it out, the harder it gets to see anything remotely sensible about it. People packed in at the beach, at an airshow, OUTSIDE? The risk of spreading the virus is as close to zero as it gets.  Not only has that risk been overplayed, it simply is unscientific to keep showing pictures of crowded outside venues to imply they are potentially super-spreader events to sew virus fear and should be banned. 

2 hours ago, JeffB said:

The more I write about this, the more I reason it out, the harder it gets to see anything remotely sensible about it. People packed in at the beach, at an airshow, OUTSIDE? The risk of spreading the virus is as close to zero as it gets.  Not only has that risk been overplayed, it simply is unscientific to keep showing pictures of crowded outside venues to imply they are potentially super-spreader events to sew virus fear and should be banned. 

And yet close to half the people I know are cowering in their basements still (clearly not in Florida because that doesn't work here) because of how awful it is on the news. I swear if another relative calls asking how bad it is living at ground zero (aka Florida) I may have to sick DeSantis on them ?