FCC Game of who's who

Hi All, apologies I couldn't find a previous topic that I could ask this in...

I have a couple of FCC for cancelled solo (suite) cruises - so all FCC in my name...

I think it is likely that my summer cruise with myself and the kids will get cancelled (normal stateroom)...

As you'll all be aware it takes soooo long for FCC to be issued, I'm not sure there will be enough time to get FCC from a cancelled summer cruise to then use to book a new 2021 summer cruise.  Although I'm fairly confident that there will be sailings this summer, from the UK, I will need FCC to book a new sailing this summer...Royals already taken all my available cash.

Question - will Royal allow me to use the FCCs in my name to apply to a sailing with me and both kids?

In the U.S. the answer is yes.  As of sometime in late January or early February there were a number of FCC enhancements implemented and sharing was one of them.

In the interest of full disclosure I haven't tried to use solo FCC and share it with other guests booked with me on future cruises so there may be nuances beyond the reports of what is now supposed to be allowed.  In theory it should work.  The U.K. is also a variable that I can't account for.  

From what I was told the system will apply as much FCC as it can for the named guest then any remaining FCC will then be applied to other guests.  There are no granular controls such as only apply X amount to me or Y amount to that person.  The system supposedly does the calculation and application.

Please report back if attempted with the outcome.

A 3rd enhancement which is fantastic deals with residual FCC.

In the past if an FCC was larger than a future cruise the left over or residual FCC would become available once the first cruise where the FCC was applied was completed.   You had to sail on the cruise then wait for the residual FCC to become available.

Now, supposedly once you apply an FCC any residual or surplus FCC will be issued in the form of a new FCC with a unique FCC number a month or so after applying the FCC to the first booking.  You don't have to wait to sail any more.

Start a log or spreadsheet with all FCC details.

Cruises cancel and it can become confusing very quickly when FCC is partially used, shared with others, split across cruises, etc.

Keep very detailed notes.  Ask for a copy of the booking invoice before any FCC is applied and ask for a new copy of the booking invoice with each application of an FCC.  You'll thank me later.

Here is a spreadsheet that I created to track our FCCs and credit card refunds for the one cruise we had that was paid in full before COVID canceled it.  I figured I would share it in case it helps anyone else.  It works for me, but your experience may vary.  Feel free to  use it how you wish.

The only frustration we had was that the credit card refunds didn't come in together and it took a bit to ge the full amounts.  We'd get like 25% of the vacation plan one day, then get the other 75% on other days.  Luckily our TA was able to keep it all straight and we did get all the correct amounts refunded.  

RCICreditRefundTracking.xlsx