List & Shift Question

STB7481

My wife and I are scheduled on a 7-nighter out of Barcelona in late June.  While not officially cancelled, I can’t see that happening considering the fact that we can’t even legally enter Spain as of right now.  We did cancel our flights last week.

We are paid in full.  If my research is correct, if Royal cancels we can still qualify for lift and shift?  I did read that that sailing has to happen by April 30, 2022?  Would shifting to next summer not be an option?  Do I understand that correctly?

We have an amazing rate that I would hate to lose, so much so that a refund is not preferable to us.  I just don’t think our schedules would allow us to do a non-summer trip.

1 hour ago, STB7481 said:

If my research is correct, if Royal cancels we can still qualify for lift and shift?

That's been the pattern, where when RC cancels a cruise (not you cancelling it), they still offer L&S.

The exact L&S terms depend on what is cancelled. Alaska had very limited options, but May cancelled cruises had more choices.

Our 12 night September Odyssey sailing out of Rome was cancelled and i was able to lift and shift to an 11 night sailing in May 2022. But I'm not sure if that was because our sailing was later than yours to start with.

46 minutes ago, Mturk said:

Our 12 night September Odyssey sailing out of Rome was cancelled and i was able to lift and shift to an 11 night sailing in May 2022. But I'm not sure if that was because our sailing was later than yours to start with.

Odyssey cancellations qualified for special L&S conditions to make up for the disappointment of it being her inaugural season. I can't see Royal being so generous with any other cancellations. ?