FCC Win

Hello Guys,

We had, like all of you, a cruise cancelled; 10 night Japan on the Quantum 15th April, and we were planning to travel with our adult children. My son and daughter will not be able to cruise again due to University and work commitments until sometime in 2023. This would have been our last get together for a while. so a bit sad. I thought I would reach out to C&A and cheekiy ask if they could issue my wife and I an FCC with 125% and refund or move the FCC for our adults kids to us. There was no lift & shift option, which was a bit upsetting as we had an incredible price on a Grand Loft Suite. Don't ask what was worse, missing on catching up with the kids or losing out on the deal of the cab turn for the GLS

Anyway, sent the email explaining the reasons and alike and to our great surprise, Royal had kindly put the kids credit into our names, all with the 125%. It was a nice added bonus, totally unexpected and it was great Royal was more flexible considering the circumstances. 

I guess it shows if doesn't hurt to ask, and this great customer service is why we are loyal to Royal. It is also good to see that in these exordinary times, Royal is open to working outside the normal. 

BTW, don't ask what was worse, missing out on catching up with the kids or losing out on the deal of the century for the GLS. LOL

We had a similar experience with our 1/24/21 FCC, we had booked 6 people into an A2 suite spread across three households.  For life reasons it is unlikely that two of the households will be cruising anytime soon so we consolidated the FCCs, including the bonus credit, all back to one household.  

Losing out on that A2 suite still hurts though, that was probably our only chance of playing in Star Class for the foreseeable future.

Hmm...this thread gives me hope for the Villa suite that we lost.  We had my parents in that suite with us and we paid the deposit for them.  The FCC was re-issued back in their names but they like others lines more than Royal, so it is unlikely that when they cruise again, it will be on Royal (at least not before the September 2022 expiry).  I was tossing the idea back and forth on trying to ask them to re-issue their FCCs in my name or Hubby's.  It's only a deposit amount, but I would still rather get it back if I can.

@CruisingOzwho did you send the email to?