Future Cruise Credit: Single Payer, Multiple Cabins. Who gets it?

Hello folks, longtime lurker and cruise fan here.

Like many of you I have been itching to cruise. I booked my family in two cabins on a sailing that was cancelled. I enjoy cruising and have use for the cruise credit but I'm not sure how this works. I paid for both cabins under my name and credit card but I'm only a passenger in one of the cabins. Who actually gets the FCC? Do I get the FCC for both cabins or is it the primary guest who gets the FCC?

Welcome to the message boards.

Twice I've booked and paid the deposit for another guest, or I paid for an entire cruise that included another guest.

I received some FCC and they received some FCC.   It's the one aspect of FCC I don't like.  The name on the credit card used doesn't matter.

In some cases you can plead your case and they can adjust it, in some cases that is just the way it is.  

I believe there are exceptions that allow the FCC to be "transferred" but from my understanding the exception rules are really narrow....like it applies to persons under the age of 10 (or whatever it is) and over the age of 80 (or whatever).  Other than those exceptions I think it is very hard to get FCC transferred from one person to another.