Independence - entertainment?

Sarah

I'm sailing on the Independence in October to the Canaries.  Can anyone point me in the direction of how to find out who the cruise director will be?  And what entertainment will be on the ship during that cruise?  I've heard a rumour that the musical Grease will be performed - does anyone know if this is right?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.  I'm really looking forward to this cruise and trying to gather as much info as possible

Sarah

It looks like the CD will be Jamie Fentiman. Someone on Cruise Critic keeps a running list.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2245980&page=73&highlight=director

I seriously just spent 20 minutes looking for that and I couldn't find it. HAHA! I was just reading it yesterday - I was on Indy right before Leigh and Frankie got fired. Looks like they're both CDs for Carnival now. 

In addition to Grease, there was a late night comedy show that I went to that was good! There is also the ice skating shows which are kinda fun. 

I am not familiar with Leigh and Frank....but what in the world did they do to get fired ?

I can only speculate, but according to another site he "committed a schoolboy error." Best guest, in an attempt to be funny and entertaining, he took it too far and offended somebody and/or had too many complaints. However, I've only read good things about him.

I can only speculate, but according to another site he "committed a schoolboy error." Best guest, in an attempt to be funny and entertaining, he took it too far and offended somebody and/or had too many complaints. However, I've only read good things about him.

That was my guess - they were hilarious but one of the jokes in the late night comedy show made me think, "... wait, is he allowed to say that?!"

I can guess it was something along those lines... truly unfortunate, because they really were funny and played off of each other really well. I was on the Feb 8 sailing with them. 

That was my guess - they were hilarious but one of the jokes in the late night comedy show made me think, "... wait, is he allowed to say that?!"

I can guess it was something along those lines... truly unfortunate, because they really were funny and played off of each other really well. I was on the Feb 8 sailing with them. 

While I think it could be a fun job, it's also nearly an impossible job considering the thousands of people onboard that you have to entertain and try not to offend.  Luckily, I once had a boss (dean) who said if I wasn't offending at least a few students each semester, then I wasn't doing my job and getting them to think.

While I think it could be a fun job, it's also nearly an impossible job considering the thousands of people onboard that you have to entertain and try not to offend.  Luckily, I once had a boss (dean) who said if I wasn't offending at least a few students each semester, then I wasn't doing my job and getting them to think.

I legitimately had the thought, "He had a boss named de.... ooooooooooooh."