Grandeur of the Seas JS Aft Cabin 7150 or 7154

CruisingOz

Hello Guys,

We are looking at a cruise on the Grandeur of the Seas and are considering two cabins, with JS in the aft on deck 7. Cabin 7150 is on the corner and 7154 more in the middle. Has anyone stayed in any of these two cabins, especially the corner one, 7150. We are leaning towards the corner one as you should get a wider range of views? the deck plans look deceiving but it seems the middle cabin balcony is slightly longer and as more shade from the sun or rain? 

We have had aft cabins and love then, but never a corner. Would appreciate any guidance as to which cabin to choose. thanks in advance. 

Grandeur's closest "class" sister is Enchantment.  The ships use slightly different cabin numbering in no small part due to Enchantment's stretching.  With more cabins on each deck the two can't have the exact same cabin numbering system.   

I have stayed in Enchantment's aft JS cabin on the port side, cabin 7166.  I think you'll find on deck plans this corresponds to 7150 on Grandeur.

Here are some photos from Enchantment JS cabin 7166.

EN1809-1.jpg

EN1809-2.jpg

EN1809-3.jpg

EN1809-12.jpg

EN1809-4.jpg

EN1809-5.jpg

EN1809-6.jpg

EN1809-7.jpg

The corner aft balcony is very large with 90° views but standing at the railing or moving along the railing the total viewing range is far greater. 

EN1809-8.jpg

EN1809-9.jpg

EN1809-10.jpg

EN1809-11.jpg

I will caution that some deck 7 aft cabins sit above the deck 6 lounge.  At times you will hear the thump thump of music events in the lounge.  The noise never bothered me.  I'd gladly stay in these cabins again.  However if you are sensitive to noise and this sort of thing bothers you be aware.  It was mostly evening noise, never late night on my sailing and I wasn't in my cabin except to pop in to grab something before leaving again to do something outside of my cabin.

This should be slightly less of a factor on Grandeur at least for 7150 due to the location of the Diamond Lounge directly under 7150.  On Enchantment the DL is up and away on deck 12 leaving the port side aft cabins directly above the deck 6 lounge.  JS 7154 on Grandeur straddles the DL and lounge below so I would expect this to be more of a factor for 7154 compared to 7150.

We stayed in one of the middle cabins, 7154.  I looked over my periscopes from the sailing and the only negative to that cabin location is that the balcony was always very wet, and we couldn't go out there until the warmth of the sun dried everything up.  What we did about that, mid-way through the trip was get fresh pool towels in the evening, lay them out on the chairs, then remove them in the morning & drop them back off at the pool.  We did have a bit of ash from the smoke stacks, but the cabin attendant wiped everything down when he could.  We loved the extended balcony so we had extra cover over our heads. 

Deck 6 has an extended cover, so when you look directly down from deck 7 you see white, not the ocean.  You have to look out to see the wake. Not sure how much of that is a problem on the corner cabins.

Grandeur was definitely a crew party ship when we sailed her, and at night we could hear the parties going on below, both in port & at sea.  I haver periscopes from my cabin where you could hear the late night music.  I'm sure the crew will be different, so may or may not be an issue.  But they partied until the wee hours of the morning a couple nights, and we sang along to happy birthday from our balcony one evening!  ? 

12 hours ago, twangster said:

I will caution that some deck 7 aft cabins sit above the deck 6 lounge.  At times you will hear the thump thump of music events in the lounge.  The noise never bothered me.  I'd gladly stay in these cabins again.  However if you are sensitive to noise and this sort of thing bothers you be aware.  It was mostly evening noise, never late night on my sailing and I wasn't in my cabin except to pop in to grab something before leaving again to do something outside of my cabin.

This should be slightly less of a factor on Grandeur at least for 7150 due to the location of the Diamond Lounge directly under 7150.  On Enchantment the DL is up and away on deck 12 leaving the port side aft cabins directly above the deck 6 lounge.  JS 7154 on Grandeur straddles the DL and lounge below so I would expect this to be more of a factor for 7154 compared to 7150.

Thank you for the details and photos, they are excellent and really appreciate you taking the time. I am so pumped for the upcoming cruise and the corner balcony will certainly allow for great viewing of all the new ports of call we will experience. I am sure we will be so tired from all the port days and activities, that we would sleep through any party noise. Also we would have Kraken rum as our back up plan, so all good.