Opening Schedule vs. Deployment Schedule

Rfk

This question may just be a technicality, but what's the distinction between "Opening" and "Deployment" schedules?

I read "deployment schedule are the dates when new sailings will go on sale to the public... The schedule refers to the week that the cruises will go on sale, and not necessarily a specific date."  But looking at that RC graphic that dropped yesterday, they seem to label that "Opening Schedule for ... Deployment"

Does that mean that "Opening" is schedule release and on-sale dates (by week), vs. "Deployment" which is what ships are to be located/sailing where & when?  (That's what my military background suggests for meaning of "deployment.")

Thanks for helping my confusion! 

Opening schedule is alerting people to the approximate date of deployment schedule (itineraries) being available to book. 

For me, once itineraries are listed is a fun but stressful day. If ones patiently goes through ships/dates/itineraries/pricing in order to make a fully educated decision for travel over two years in the future, one risks availability and price fluctuations. 

I have observed upwards price movements in the thousands of Dollars during release day for fancy suites and some ships only have one of certain rooms which can be taken and never available again until the next deployment date. 

I use a website which allows me to book online so I have full control in that if I see something I like I can select, see price and the have 15 minutes to convince myself/wife it is what we want. I understand some on this blog use agents which may have preferred access or search methods.

I’m considering using the skilled services of an agent for the March 1 releases. Problem is I don’t know what to tell the agent to book for me prior to releases.  I want to first look things over and decide what I value the most as price spreads between suite types are not fixed. This risks during the delay of deciding and contacting an agent that desired room is taken by some other person (probably active on this blog) 

My family is interested in Ultimate family suite. One cabin, on Symphony only. If release is Nov 2022 through April 2023 that represents 6 months or 25 sailings. I would not be surprised if these 25 opportunities to stay in this room are gone within 48 hours.

FYI, this room is probably horrible so anybody else considering booking on release day should book a Star Loft instead or take several days to really think it over. 

28 minutes ago, AlmondFarmer said:

Opening schedule is alerting people to the approximate date of deployment schedule (itineraries) being available to book. 

For me, once itineraries are listed is a fun but stressful day. If ones patiently goes through ships/dates/itineraries/pricing in order to make a fully educated decision for travel over two years in the future, one risks availability and price fluctuations. 

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

What you should know based on yesterday's post is this is the schedule when new itineraries will go on sale.

And if I understand correctly, those itineraries won't be available to see/study publicly until they're open for booking?  "Stressful day," indeed.

Helpful suggestion, perhaps revise "deployment opening schedule are the dates when new sailings will go on sale to the public..." (and reveals the deployment schedule for all to see, etc.)  That might help people like me getting confused... Thanks again for info! 

33 minutes ago, Rfk said:

Helpful suggestion, perhaps revise "deployment opening schedule are the dates when new sailings will go on sale to the public..." (and reveals the deployment schedule for all to see, etc.)  That might help people like me getting confused

One step ahead of you.

Scroll down beyond the headline in the post and check  out the section "What is a deployment schedule?"

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/02/02/royal-caribbean-releases-spring-2022-2023-remaining-schedule

3 hours ago, Matt said:

One step ahead of you.

Scroll down beyond the headline in the post and check  out the section "What is a deployment schedule?"

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/02/02/royal-caribbean-releases-spring-2022-2023-remaining-schedule

Curious if the 24h C&A head start is open to travel agents for booking, or do C&A members get the first opportunity during that 24h period?