Allure of the seas Oct 2021 excursion

Ashleyb

Shore excursions tend to span a range of so much so it might help if you include some general ideas what you or your group are thinking, their likes and expectations.  An 80 y.o. bouncing around a JetSki may work for some and not so much for another.  An only adult crowd will look for different activities compared to a family with young children.  

What sort of activities does your group seek? 

14 minutes ago, twangster said:

Shore excursions tend to span a range of so much so it might help if you include some general ideas what you or your group are thinking, their likes and expectations.  An 80 y.o. bouncing around a JetSki may work for some and not so much for another.  An only adult crowd will look for different activities compared to a family with young children.  

What sort of activities does your group seek? 

Very true! It is just me and my boyfriend, mid twenties. We enjoy sights, water activities, tours that are worthwhile, etc. We are not generally picky and find most things fun! Looking through the cruise planner we were overwhelmed and wanted to do everything so asking here felt like a good way to narrow things down!

Falmouth is a nice port but one that lends itself to doing a booked excursion of some sort.  My adult son and I enjoy reggae so we have enjoyed the Bob Marley experience.  Other's just like a day at a resort or at a beach.  The Netflix movie "Like Father" made Blue Hole a popular excursion to book.  Dunn River Falls is a very popular destination but a bit of a bus ride from Falmouth. There are many good choices depending on what you are looking for.

Labadee is a private destination so you are basically visiting a private beach destination where you will need to book something through the cruise line if you are looking to do more than just have a beach day.   They have an incredible zip line that goes over water and other beach type activities like Jet Skis.  You can also rent a private cabana or simply spend nothing and lounge on the included loungers near the water all day.  If you buy a drink package for use on the ship it also covers drinks at Labadee.  Spend nothing or spend something is up to you.  Food comes off the ship so meals are covered for your day here.  You can literally spend nothing and have a great beach day here.

You'll want to find and look over the Cruise Planner on Royal's website.  Here you will find the excursions offered at each stop but also optional drink, dining and internet plans if you so choose.  Most of the time you are better to pre-purchase in the cruise planner because once onboard prices tend to be higher for the same thing.

11 minutes ago, twangster said:

If you go back to the home page of RoyalCaribbeanBlog.com there is a search box in the upper right.  Searching for Labadee will give you a number of results to look over such as :

Labadee:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/search/node/labadee

Or for Falmouth:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/search/node/falmouth

Thank you so much!! 

On 12/8/2020 at 12:49 AM, Ashleyb said:

I have a 7 night booked for Oct 2021 and was wondering if anyone had any excursion recs for Falmouth, Jamaica and Labadee! 

I am on the same cruise and have booked the Dragons breath Zipline, and the Wave jet driver.  I have never done the western route either but I know it will be a blast

@Ashleyb, welcome!

One other activity for Labadee is the alpine coaster, "The Dragon's Tail". It's a lot of fun, and one of those coasters where it's max 2 people in a single car and the one in front controls the speed via hand brake. You can find lots of POV videos if you search on YouTube. My family and I went to Labadee 2 years ago and did this, it's a lot of fun.

If you decide to get tickets, either get a single-ride pass and make it a one-and-done, or get the all-day pass and go first thing in the morning to get a bunch of rides on it with literally no lines. I rode it 4 or 5 times in the span of an hour by going there the moment we could get off the ship; the rest of my family had the zip line booked at that time, and when they went to the coaster in the afternoon the line was something like a 30-minute wait for a single ride.