Different prices now for drink packages?

Actually I hope they do look at localising pricing a bit more. It makes no sense I can pay 4/5 the price for a can of coke in port in NZ than on board the ship even if they were both $2.00 ($2.00 NZ v $2.00 US).

Not too sure if this is a reaction to the Pound dropping (Or as I now call it the European Peso. Making a decison to change the policy would likely take days if not weeks to get through management and I would be guessing they would rather at least take a watching brief for a few days before making a decision which could actually cost a lot of money to implement. What wouldn't have surprised me is if there were a lot of drink specials for sailing out of the UK and maybe a new sale by the end of the week.

Actually I hope they do look at localising pricing a bit more. It makes no sense I can pay 4/5 the price for a can of coke in port in NZ than on board the ship even if they were both $2.00 ($2.00 NZ v $2.00 US).

Not too sure if this is a reaction to the Pound dropping (Or as I now call it the European Peso. Making a decison to change the policy would likely take days if not weeks to get through management and I would be guessing they would rather at least take a watching brief for a few days before making a decision which could actually cost a lot of money to implement. What wouldn't have surprised me is if there were a lot of drink specials for sailing out of the UK and maybe a new sale by the end of the week.

I'd tend to agree.  I mean, they can prepare for things such as unfavorable economic conditions, but I think they'd still want to see what actually happens.  Seems more likely that this was in the works for a while and unrelated to Brexit.  To your point, it just didn't make sense before in many cases.  Further, even within markets they'd adjust prices sailing to sailing, either by using discounts, or just pricing it differently and not acknowledging that there was a difference.  I think they're just trying to make it more simple for them and customers (and obviously, in turn, more profitable).

• 2 weeks later...

So disappointed that I haven't sorted out my drink package, VOOM package and shore excursions before the Brexit vote. I priced up before the vote and have looked up this last week and the price of everything has gone up!

I don't know whether to take the plunge and buy now or wait and see what happens with the £. I'm due to sail at the beginning of October

So disappointed that I haven't sorted out my drink package, VOOM package and shore excursions before the Brexit vote. I priced up before the vote and have looked up this last week and the price of everything has gone up!

I don't know whether to take the plunge and buy now or wait and see what happens with the £. I'm due to sail at the beginning of October

If I were you, I'd wait. I am no economics expert, but there is an ebb and a flow to everything.  The pound is down now, but I suspect it will rebound sooner or later.

I just booked Chef's Table at £70 after is was £65 2 days earlier.  Looked yesterday and it is now £73 as the exchange rate is making a turn upwards.  I would be surprised if it went back to the lower price before your cruise.  We cruise early September and once I saw things going up I made a jump on it.  It might level out but I cannot see it going back down.  Being American living in UK I have always watched the $-£ rates.  The lowest I have ever seen it was in 1986 at $1.28/£.  We managed to get down to $1.29/£ right after the Brexit vote but it's going back up now. ($1.32 this morning.)