Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

LIFT & SHIFT! THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULD USE A TRAVEL AGENT!


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Yes you can as long as it's the same itinerary and same length of cruise.  Only exception would be trying to shift a non-NYE cruise to the week that includes NYE.  We've shifted a April 2021 sailing to April 2022.

I have a March 2021 cruise and want to use the L&S to a March/April 2022 sailing but our clueless TA says it is only for 2020 cruises not 2021. Also asked them about CWC, whether I can use it on my reservation and again this clueless TA says no because it is only available for cruises before July 31, 2020. Huh? I told them that Royal changed the policy of CWC to all bookings until April 30, 2022 and they say that they have not heard of it and if so, it does not apply to my sailing. Huh? I am going to call back to see if I can get a different TA representative. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You need an AWESOME TA to negotiate the Lift & Shift Royal wedgie!! I have one!! A HUGE HUMONGOUS "HAT'S OFF" TO SHARLA at MEI! She Lifted and Shifted our Dec 28, 2020, Galveston Adventure 7

Actually, smart move is to book with a TA and let them do all of this work. More time to share fun gifs here!

Will verify that the HOLD TIMES ARE INSANE!  Took one of our agents over 6 hours in two days to get FCCs applied to a reservation before final payment was due.  I know all TAs no matter what company t

Posted Images

@crazytaxman The actual FAQs says all cruises booked before August 1st. So definitely call back as they are working from home and may not be well versed. I really feel for them as this, plus all the recent changes are messing up their mojo. Last week my TA sent me an email about a drop in fare...they weren't mine or my sail dates. I sent him an email telling him this...I also checked if my cruise prices went down and yeah like $800...and he told me there was just a mix up of dates. Just have a little patience.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, crazytaxman said:

I have a March 2021 cruise and want to use the L&S to a March/April 2022 sailing but our clueless TA says it is only for 2020 cruises not 2021. Also asked them about CWC, whether I can use it on my reservation and again this clueless TA says no because it is only available for cruises before July 31, 2020. Huh? I told them that Royal changed the policy of CWC to all bookings until April 30, 2022 and they say that they have not heard of it and if so, it does not apply to my sailing. Huh? I am going to call back to see if I can get a different TA representative. 

Try sending them a copy of the TA FAQ, since it sounds like they may not have seen this.

 

FAQ.pdf

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Try sending them a copy of the TA FAQ, since it sounds like they may not have seen this.

 

FAQ.pdf 632.74 kB · 1 download

This is the same Q&A that is posted on Royal's website. The funny thing is I called Royal and spoke to someone to get some clarifications before I called my TA. I waited over 3 hours to talk to someone and they told me the same thing that the lift and shift is only for 2020 sailings. Called back again and spoke to another representative at Royal and got a different answer where he said that it can be used for 2021 sailings. So apparently, no one is well verse with the new policy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2020 at 11:57 PM, Baked Alaska said:

You need an AWESOME TA to negotiate the Lift & Shift Royal wedgie!! I have one!!

A HUGE HUMONGOUS "HAT'S OFF" TO SHARLA at MEI! She Lifted and Shifted our Dec 28, 2020, Galveston Adventure 7 Nt Western Caribbean to Dec 26, 2021, Miami Oasis 7 Nt Western Caribbean with Coco Cay in a Crown Loft from a Grand Suite on Adventure. With Allure being doubtful in Dec 2021 and no seven nighters in Dec 2021 in Galveston, this was a good substitute (better than the original cruise, I think). This task was dicey since we used partial FCC from our canceled March (last month) sailing on the Adventure sailing. So pleased!  

Hi.

we have a booking on allure this September.

thinking of lift and shift to Harmony September 2021.

we have a fly cruise booked will royal lift and shift the flight as well or just the cruise?

IAN

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mrpie90 said:

Hi.

we have a booking on allure this September.

thinking of lift and shift to Harmony September 2021.

we have a fly cruise booked will royal lift and shift the flight as well or just the cruise?

IAN

Only the cruise, simply because flights for a year and more out aren’t available yet. This just happened for me with my L&S. I’m getting my airfare refunded to my card since I booked it through the cruise line’s service.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Only the cruise, simply because flights for a year and more out aren’t available yet. This just happened for me with my L&S. I’m getting my airfare refunded to my card since I booked it through the cruise line’s service.

thanks for your reply.

what a shame, got a super deal and would of been nice to lock in the flight as well.

wish they would have offered this earlier as we also had another great deal on another cruise (should be on it now )

which we are awaiting a refund on

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I asked my TA if the L&S of my Iceland & Greenland would be cancelable as long as I put in the request before the future sailing's 90-day final payment date, seeing as I was already fully paid for the 2020 sailing and past that marker. He spoke with Celebrity and got confirmation that I can cancel before the new 90 day mark if needed, even though I'll still be fully paid. Not only that, he said it would be refundable (his word in the email), which I take to mean cash back rather than FCC.

YMMV, I would definitely have your TA ask and reconfirm before doing L&S.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2020 at 5:09 PM, Kriazerie said:

WOOOHOOO

 

Used L&S to upgrade our Southern Caribbean on Freedom from a balcony to a GS, then shifted to a Symphony Eastern Caribbean sailing!!! Basically getting a GS for HALF-PRICE!!!!

All thanks to @michelle at MEI, who is a darling.  Even though we keep changing our minds and adding new cruises, canceling them, upgrading, and using casino offers.  She's been incredible!

This like the 3 post I read about not only L&S but getting a room upgrade in the process. How is this happening?

How exactly do you go from a balcony on Freedom to a GS on Symphony?

Link to post
Share on other sites

@JoeFan You can upgrade a current sailing, like say the Freedom, and then wait and L&S. So if you go from an interior to a GS. But then decide you cannot cruise this year, you just need to find a matching itinerary for next. The ship/port doesn't have to match but the length, room, itinerary and product does.

Example being......I have a 7 day western Caribbean on Liberty leaving from Galveston, I upgraded to a GS from a balcony for $770. The Liberty was Halloween 2020 but I cannot go do to work commitments so I L&S to a western Caribbean on Allure Nov 2021 out of Port Canaveral. Per the rules everything matches except for the ship and port, which are allowed to be different.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoeFan said:

This like the 3 post I read about not only L&S but getting a room upgrade in the process. How is this happening?

How exactly do you go from a balcony on Freedom to a GS on Symphony?

Because rates are so low for june/July sailings, we upgraded our room on our original cruise. Then, once we had the upgrade, we lifted to a new sailing next year. For us, we originally had an OVB on Freedom for June 2020. We paid to upgrade that to a GS, still on Freedom. Then we shifted the whole booking to Symphony for June 2021. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@AnnieBanannie No because you get a whole new reservation number, everything needs to be repurchased to fit the new reservation. Case in point a 7 day UBP on Freedom might cost considerably less than on Harmony. Or if you transfer that Freedom GS to Harmony, you now get Voom and access to other suite amenities.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I have booked a fly cruise on 16th August  but i would like to lift and shift to August 2021  it was booked as a package can we L&S all of the package we have paid for flights and don't want to lose all the money already paid due to something out of our control

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2020 at 5:48 PM, Karen Rose said:

I have booked a fly cruise on 16th August  but i would like to lift and shift to August 2021  it was booked as a package can we L&S all of the package we have paid for flights and don't want to lose all the money already paid due to something out of our control

We did the L&S for our October New England-Canada cruise for October 8 2020 to October 14 2021.  We had flights booked (on our own) thru Delta.  They gave us an e-credit as I cannot book the new flights until 300 days out.  I'm not sure how that works with RCI booking the flights as most airlines are 300 or so days out.  Good luck!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2020 at 5:48 PM, Karen Rose said:

I have booked a fly cruise on 16th August  but i would like to lift and shift to August 2021  it was booked as a package can we L&S all of the package we have paid for flights and don't want to lose all the money already paid due to something out of our control

I had a Celebrity cruise on Aug 2, 2020 with flights booked via Flights By Celebrity, and did L&S to Aug 1, 2021. If you do L&S, you will only have the cruise moved to the new date. The flight will be canceled and (assuming you booked it refundable) you will be refunded the money. They can't move the flight because the flights don't become available until 9 months before sail date, well after the last day you could do L&S.

Not sure what they'll do if you booked the flight with a non-refundable ticket; e-credit?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Not sure what they'll do if you booked the flight with a non-refundable ticket; e-credit

That's right Joe. Happened to me, had non-refundable tickets for our Alaska cruise this August, did a L&S to next August and cancelled the tickets. Since they were non-refundable they gave me e-credit. I'm happy with that! :27_sunglasses:

Link to post
Share on other sites

So apparently my TA said I cannot use the L&S on my March 2021 cruise. I have gone back and forth with this TA and decided to just cancel my cruise completely using the CWC. So now I am waiting for the FCC so I can use that money to re-book a different cruise and definitely a different TA. Any ideas how long the FCC will take and how you will know it is available? Does Royal send you an email? Thinking of using the FCC for a summer 2022 cruise in Alaska.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, crazytaxman said:

So apparently my TA said I cannot use the L&S on my March 2021 cruise. I have gone back and forth with this TA and decided to just cancel my cruise completely using the CWC. So now I am waiting for the FCC so I can use that money to re-book a different cruise and definitely a different TA. Any ideas how long the FCC will take and how you will know it is available? Does Royal send you an email? Thinking of using the FCC for a summer 2022 cruise in Alaska.

I'm thinking that the FCC email will go to your TA that booked that inital cruise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, crazytaxman said:

Any ideas how long the FCC will take and how you will know it is available? Does Royal send you an email? Thinking of using the FCC for a summer 2022 cruise in Alaska.

Return time on the FCC can really vary.  Royal will send you an email directly and your TA (that the sailing was booked through) might also receive a copy of it.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Return time on the FCC can really vary.  Royal will send you an email directly and your TA (that the sailing was booked through) might also receive a copy of it.  

Sharla, at MEI, received my FCC letter, not me. YMMV

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...