LIFT & SHIFT! THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULD USE A TRAVEL AGENT!

3 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

I'm in awe at this L&S.  I have a cruise booked for March of 21.....may I ask why you are waiting for the pricing to go down on your April cruise to L&S to the following year?  Do you get the same exact reservation for the same exact price?  I have 4 rooms of my Girl Scouts/moms in Junior Suites set for March of 21.....they will be HS seniors....I'm not even sure I will be able to shift to the following year without losing some girls because the Colleges will have different breaks...Do we ALL have to move, can some of us move, what happens if I decide to L&S the whole reservation and then people need to back out......We booked Non refundable deposit....the least of my worries.  I'm afraid for them losing ALL the money they saved to do this trip 

I'm holding off lifting and shifting till the end of July in the hopes of the cruise I currently have booked (April, 2021) will go down in price. It had already done it once and I called up and had it re-priced. If it does again I'll have it re-priced again. Once I do the actual L&S for the April, 2022 cruise I want to be on, I won't be able to re-price, and the price for that 2022 cruise is allot more then the 2021 cruise which makes the lift & shift very appealing. It's basically Murphy's law now for me. If I L&S now the price will go down on that 2021 cruise before August 1 and I won't be able to do anything about it. If I wait till the end of July the price won't change at all?

@Pattycruise  So you can L&S each room if you want, but only if they are separate reservations..i.e each one has a main guest. I L&S my room from a October 2020 Liberty to a Oct 2021 Allure, I wanted Nov but the Allure itineraries moved. There were originally two rooms on the booking but my grandma refuses to cruise now. As long as the length, room category, product and itinerary are the same, you pay the same price. I got a 7-day Jr. Suite on an Oct Oasis class for $2300, that's 2 pax with gratuity and taxes included; the current booking is at almost $3500, with the new sale. The only thing that doesn't transfer are CP purchases. With CWC you have until April 2022 to get a full FCC but only to August 1st to L&S. You can still take advantage of price drops until 48hr before your cruise, as long as the bookings are made before Aug 1st. So you basically can reschedule a cruise and take advantage of any later sales.