Allure of the seas amp question

Jwash

Hi all!

I wanted to run something by you guys and see your thoughts. I have a cruise booked on Allure of the seas for December 13 2020. I am booked in a Ultimate Panoramic suite! This is actually a surprise cruise for my wife’s birthday. As you know with all that’s going on and the delayed Amp to allure it leaves me wondering. Do you think there’s any chance the said room will be on the ship? I know it’s speculation. But Im needing a second opinion as I can’t ask the wife. This room + the star class makes it for us and I got one heck of a good price. The itinerary is also one we’ve eyed for a while. My own thoughts are I see that allure is in Europe until November so there’s always the chance it gets dry dock time rescheduled. Anyway, not sure what to do. All comparable oasis sailings are double to triple the price. Would you wait it out? 

3 minutes ago, Jwash said:

Hi all!

I wanted to run something by you guys and see your thoughts. I have a cruise booked on Allure of the seas for December 13 2020. I am booked in a Ultimate Panoramic suite! This is actually a surprise cruise for my wife’s birthday. As you know with all that’s going on and the delayed Amp to allure it leaves me wondering. Do you think there’s any chance the said room will be on the ship? I know it’s speculation. But Im needing a second opinion as I can’t ask the wife. This room + the star class makes it for us and I got one heck of a good price. The itinerary is also one we’ve eyed for a while. My own thoughts are I see that allure is in Europe until November so there’s always the chance it gets dry dock time rescheduled. Anyway, not sure what to do. All comparable oasis sailings are double to triple the price. Would you wait it out? 

No, I would not count (or even hope, really) that the Allure is going to have an UPS on it by December.  At this time, there is no indication that Allure is going to get any aspects of the amplification completed. I think she’ll be lucky to get the azipod fixed before the first of the year.   If it is important to you to have a Star Class suite for your wife’s birthday I recommend that you either get another SC suite on the cruise you are already on (assuming there are any available) or find a different ship.  I know how frustrating this is for you.  There are a few others in your same circumstances on other Allure cruises in the upcoming few months.

I know that there is a Grand Panoramic Suite available on Oasis on Dec 6 b/c I let  my Owners Panoramic Suite go recently (Downgraded to an Owners Suite so that I could have the same suite on both legs of my B2B) and apparently the person in the GPS switched over, making the GPS available. It was still there this morning when I checked.  Of course, the price is most likely significantly higher than the UPS would have been.

I hope I’m wrong about this.  It would sure help out a lot of people who, like you, are hoping to have an UPS in their future.  If it was just a “nice to have” cruise for you, it would probably be worth risking it but since it’s a “must do”, I, personally, would not take the chance.

On 4/20/2020 at 6:39 PM, Jwash said:

Do you think there’s any chance the said room will be on the ship?

It's too early to know. Every day, there is a "snowball effect" building within the cruise line, where more and more decisions are building up to wait to be handled once cruising resumes.

I believe RC is waiting to resume cruises to cross these proverbial bridges, as it doesnt make sense to make a decision and then keep changing it based on new cancellations.

Thanks everyone for such in depth responses, especially WAAAYTOOO. I ended up moving to Oasis on November 8th. There was one UPS available. About $3,000 more (sad face) I will keep a eye out for better sales along the way though. Maybe the other UPS will open up on the December sailing as well. We will see!