Review of Vision of the Seas

After our May cruise on Adventure of the Seas was cancelled, we are looking to rebook for next year with our 125% cruise credit.  Our May cruise was 12 days to the Caribbean and we cannot find anything comparable.  We are surprised how few cruises there are to pick from for a cruise longer than 7 days.  The closest we found was a 10 day on Vision of the Seas.  We're not a fan of the older, smaller ships so I need reviews and opinions about Vision of the Seas, please.   Also wondering if anyone thinks more cruises will be added.  Thanks!!

It is smaller, but easy to navigate, the shows were not crowded. I honestly thought it was one of the best staffs we had ever had, of course now, who knows where everyone will be. If you have been on the Majesty it is very similar. I also like the mid size like the freedom, etc, but would not hesitate to sail the Vision again. It is also very pretty inside and well kept.

I will say that I am not a huge fan of the older smaller ships as well, we had a 7 day cruise on VOS going to Costa Maya, Roatan, Cozumel, and Belize.  We were surprised at how small the ship was but I will also have to say that we had a great time.  While it was DEFINITELY not Oasis or Anthem we still had a great time, they had plenty of things to do and the staff was great.  I do believe that we would have had a better time had it been a larger ship but we did have a great time ( we are in our mid 40's if that makes a difference).  Depending on where is sailed I would gladly book another cruise on her again, although now that I am thinking about it I did have one complaint....the beds were the hardest that I have ever had on a ship!  At the time we were fairly new to cruising and had not discovered this board with all the wonderful information!  Lets just say that we are side sleepers and were taking Benadryl every night to help us fall asleep, I do know that the bed thing is somewhat personal but that was our opinion!  

We sailed of Rhapsody of the Seas from Tampa earlier this year, having previously sailed on Anthem, Freedom and Independence. We loved it. Much smaller ship meant much less walking, hardly ever used the lifts, sorry elevators ?, no queues anywhere, could always get a sunbed. Yes we did miss the promenade but will be sailing on a smaller ship again in the future.

On 4/17/2020 at 5:05 PM, kmd loves the sea said:

After our May cruise on Adventure of the Seas was cancelled, we are looking to rebook for next year with our 125% cruise credit.  Our May cruise was 12 days to the Caribbean and we cannot find anything comparable.  We are surprised how few cruises there are to pick from for a cruise longer than 7 days.  The closest we found was a 10 day on Vision of the Seas.  We're not a fan of the older, smaller ships so I need reviews and opinions about Vision of the Seas, please.   Also wondering if anyone thinks more cruises will be added.  Thanks!!

The smaller ships are less of a theme park and more like an adult cruise.  Aside from the other benefits already described, my wife and I very much enjoy the Centrum.   The music may be heard throughout the ship (amidships), and one can snag chairs in the upper decks for a great view of the special activities.  For us, the ports are more important than the ship, but we've enjoyed the Rhapsody and the Grandeur very much.  We actually believe Radiance Class is the best, so take advantage of any cruises you can schedule with that class.

On 4/18/2020 at 9:26 AM, Dan Curtis said:

We was on Vision in January, it is very well kept and the staff was more than amazing.

On 4/22/2020 at 8:47 PM, bhageerah said:

I will say that I am not a huge fan of the older smaller ships as well, we had a 7 day cruise on VOS going to Costa Maya, Roatan, Cozumel, and Belize.  We were surprised at how small the ship was but I will also have to say that we had a great time.  While it was DEFINITELY not Oasis or Anthem we still had a great time, they had plenty of things to do and the staff was great.  I do believe that we would have had a better time had it been a larger ship but we did have a great time ( we are in our mid 40's if that makes a difference).  Depending on where is sailed I would gladly book another cruise on her again, although now that I am thinking about it I did have one complaint....the beds were the hardest that I have ever had on a ship!  At the time we were fairly new to cruising and had not discovered this board with all the wonderful information!  Lets just say that we are side sleepers and were taking Benadryl every night to help us fall asleep, I do know that the bed thing is somewhat personal but that was our opinion!  

Thank you bhageerah!  Lots of good info!

On 4/23/2020 at 6:21 AM, Mike.s said:

We sailed of Rhapsody of the Seas from Tampa earlier this year, having previously sailed on Anthem, Freedom and Independence. We loved it. Much smaller ship meant much less walking, hardly ever used the lifts, sorry elevators ?, no queues anywhere, could always get a sunbed. Yes we did miss the promenade but will be sailing on a smaller ship again in the future.

Thanks, Mike.s!  Good points to consider!