Allure of the seas - Italy

Hi,

Anyone going on this in May?  Travel advisory says won't let anyone on board who have traveled to Northern Italy but that includes Liguria which is where La Spezia is and that one of the port stops? Doesn't really make sense that this cruise is still a go....

Welcome to the message boards.

All anyone here can do is speculate. 

In my opinion the cruise will still go but if the CV is still around and parts of Italy are still closed in May they'll find alternate ports as needed.  Much like a hurricane if weather doesn't allow them to complete the original itinerary they find alternate ports.  

My friends are booked for the May 10 sailing.  They’re also set up for tours and road trips in Italy before the sailing.  They have a lot of cancellations to take care of, they don’t even know where to start.  At least, most airlines are waiving change fees for flights to affected areas.

4 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

My friends are booked for the May 10 sailing.  They’re also set up for tours and road trips in Italy before the sailing.  They have a lot of cancellations to take care of, they don’t even know where to start.  At least, most airlines are waiving change fees for flights to affected areas.

Also in the same boat (so to speak) with a 9 day cruise on the 27th of May out of Rome on the newly refitted explorer.  Were/Are so looking forward to it,   but given they are shutting schools etc and we would have to pass through Italy (obviously) and had planned on 5 days in Rome before hand -  are seemingly resigned to the fact it probably wont go ahead.   In a week or 2 we cross the 75% refund if we cancel and it drops to less - so really confused what to do .   As others have said we also have a stack of other stuff around it (a 45 day trip) that is also tied up.  I know its hard for RCI but it would be really good if they could at least give us some directions sooner rather than later. 

We are on the May 10th sailing, we fly to Barcelona on May 7th (arrive on May 8th) then cruising.

Still planning but watching to see if there is a reason to change our plans or they change them for me.

I am on hold with my trip insurance company as I type this.

Just getting all my ducks in a row to make an informed decision.

I would be really bummed if we can't go but I have also wanted to see Alaska (maybe my back up trip)

I can aways plan another trip when this is sorted out.