Cruise OR not to Cruise

Royal?

I just finished a 4 day cruise on Navigator of the Seas yesterday. A month ago I Booked the exact same cruise for May to take my kids. After we finished up our recent trip and  I was scouting other ships. I noticed Independence of Seas(exact same itinerary, & days). It looked more appealing for my children. So I gave Royal C a call to see if we could switch? It was a cheaper price than what we payed for our May cruise(and I didn’t ask to to compensated the difference).I was told we can only make the change for this cheaper cruise for $100 a person($400). Tacking on a fee that they would gladly make 7 days after you make your initial reservation but not a day later(because that would be a major policy violation)? So literally you can make a reservation today and change your mind in three days... AND they will accommodate YOU. But not the person that bought exact cruise 2wks, a month prior. Seems a rather unreasonable, but it is the company’s decision. As is mine, if they aren’t going to see the value of accommodating a loyal customer. I will take the cruise I originally booked(a bit disappointed) and save my $400 to book on another cruise line for future cruises. Thanks for the Royal treatment. 

22 minutes ago, Royal? said:

I just finished a 4 day cruise on Navigator of the Seas yesterday. A month ago I Booked the exact same cruise for May to take my kids. After we finished up our recent trip and  I was scouting other ships. I noticed Independence of Seas(exact same itinerary, & days). It looked more appealing for my children. So I gave Royal C a call to see if we could switch? It was a cheaper price than what we payed for our May cruise(and I didn’t ask to to compensated the difference).I was told we can only make the change for this cheaper cruise for $100 a person($400). Tacking on a fee that they would gladly make 7 days after you make your initial reservation but not a day later(because that would be a major policy violation)? So literally you can make a reservation today and change your mind in three days... AND they will accommodate YOU. But not the person that bought exact cruise 2wks, a month prior. Seems a rather unreasonable, but it is the company’s decision. As is mine, if they aren’t going to see the value of accommodating a loyal customer. I will take the cruise I originally booked(a bit disappointed) and save my $400 to book on another cruise line for future cruises. Thanks for the Royal treatment. 

Had you booked a refundable deposit cruise, you would have been able to make this change.  The reason for the $100 PP change fee is b/c you booked a non-refundable cruise.  That's the way they work.