Drink of the day and drink packages

koalabear

Welcome, koalabear !!  June is coming quickly !  You will be out on deck before you know it !

Yes, the drink of the day is absolutely included in the [alcohol] beverage packages.  Wines are included up to a certain price (I believe it's usually $12/glass).

A lot depends upon the number of days of your cruise and the number of sea days...and of course, how much you will be drinking ! as to whether the drink packages make financial sense.  There is also a no-so-insignificant convenience factor, too.

I personally do not get the all-inclusive beverage packages b/c I just don't drink enough to make them pay off but many people get them just so that they will have a fixed and known drinking expense.

Enjoy your cruise and welcome to the boards ! 

Caveat the drink of the day is included but if it is served in a funky/souvenir glass of some kind the glass is NOT. So you have to make sure and ask for it in a regular cup. Sometimes this is an issue, sometimes not, depends on where you are buying it.

Typically if you order it at a bar, not a problem. But if you are ordering from a wandering waiter with a tray of them premade, problem.

Caveat the drink of the day is included but if it is served in a funky/souvenir glass of some kind the glass is NOT. So you have to make sure and ask for it in a regular cup. Sometimes this is an issue, sometimes not, depends on where you are buying it.

Typically if you order it at a bar, not a problem. But if you are ordering from a wandering waiter with a tray of them premade, problem.

If you really like the specialty glass, you can get it for a $3.50 upcharge (could vary by ship) if you're on a beverage package.

First time on RC - leaving in June - can anyone answer if the drink of the day is included in the beer and wine beverage package?  I enjoy wine with dinner and would like to have something while sitting on deck.  Not sure what package is worth the money. 

The drink of the day is included with the Premium and Ultimate drink packages.

You said the "beer and wine" package, so I believe you are referring to the Select package. If so, then that package does not cover the drink of the day because the drink of the day is a mixed cocktail.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for all the information - this is such a great way to pass info on to those of us who are new to cruising.

I am really glad to hear you are finding this site helpful and entertaining!

Be aware:  I stood in line for about 30 minutes to get one of those 'special' drinks that came in a cored-out pineapple, only to then realize that it was about $10, even with the premium package.  Had I known (also that you get a lot less drink), I never would have gotten one for each of us.

Live and learn