Cruising in September

Planaholic

We cruised on Navigator in September. We had our kids, and there were still plenty of other kids on board as well. Sure you could probably say there will be even more kids during school breaks etc, but even during off seasons you will still see lots of kids.

Ships sail at or near capacity almost all the time. I think you may have fewer kids on smaller ships that don’t have as many kid oriented activities on them like water slides etc vs larger ships or amped ships that have all of these features. You may also find fewer kids on longer itineraries while school is in session as well. 

3 hours ago, Planaholic said:

I’m quite surprised to hear this.  I thought children would be back at school by September - or at least the older children!

it doesn’t bother me, just a little surprised.

We homeschool so we schedule our vacations for when things are usually less busy. I guess it would be easier academically to take kids out of school at the beginning of the year when it's mostly review as opposed to the spring when they're learning all new material though.

On 2/16/2020 at 3:40 AM, Planaholic said:

We’re booked on a cruise from Miami in early September and wondered how full the ship is likely to be and typical age groups we can expect.

We’ve  always cruised in July & August and the ships are always full with a lot of families but I’m thinking this may be different in September?

The only time you won’t find a lot of kids  is November   Ruben the bar tender on harmony told me that the only time there is not a lot of kids

On 2/16/2020 at 3:40 AM, Planaholic said:

We’re booked on a cruise from Miami in early September and wondered how full the ship is likely to be and typical age groups we can expect.

Ship will be full, cruises these days almost always sail full.

In terms of age groups, Royal Caribbean sees a good mix of ages.  Since it is September, school is back in session so potentially less families/kids than if you cruised a month or two earlier.

You didn't mention which ship. If Navigator and a 3-night sailing, then you could very well still see lots of family.

Bottom line is, RC attracts a good mix of ages overall.