Heathrow Restaurants?

FManke

There are a lot of options at Heathrow.  Do you know what terminal you are in as that might help with specific recommendations. For something fast I would probably just go to Pret!

Also, check to see if you need to transfer between terminals for your flight. Heathrow is a big airport and that 1hour 40 can easily be taken up. I lost most of my transfer time recently just going through security in the same terminal last time. 

13 minutes ago, Tira04 said:

There are a lot of options at Heathrow.  Do you know what terminal you are in as that might help with specific recommendations. For something fast I would probably just go to Pret!

Also, check to see if you need to transfer between terminals for your flight. Heathrow is a big airport and that 1hour 40 can easily be taken up. I lost most of my transfer time recently just going through security in the same terminal last time. 

In from Venice and out to Chicago.  All in terminal 5. British airways 

There's quite a selection of restaurants and cafes in Heathrow T5

https://www.heathrow.com/at-the-airport/restaurants-a-z?&type=restaurant&terminalArea=5

Pret/Costa/Nero/Starbucks for quick coffee and sandwiches

Itsu for takeaway sushi

carluccios restaurant for Pizza and pasta

Girraffe restaurant for a mix of food (burgers, pasta etc)

and some other pub/bar options

I would definitely like to try some pub food, since this will be the first time in England, albeit for less than 2 hrs. It is an airport after all, so with that being said, I don't know how truly representative any of the airport pubs would be of traditional English pub fare.

First of all, do make sure you are actually flying BA on the LHR-ORD route, and not an AA aircraft with a BA codeshare. That would require a switch over to T3, which will eat some time. 

Also keep in mind that your 1h40 will be fairly substantially cut by the fact that you will need to re-clear security at LHR (could take up to 20-30 minutes), and then you'll probably need to get from A gates out to B or C gates, which isn't difficult, but does eat up another 5-10 mintues. Plus, your LHR-ORD flight will board around 30 to 45 minutes in advance (though you can wait to board a bit)...so your connection really isn't that long, let alone long enough to eat a sit-down meal at a pub. 

All that being said, there really isn't a good pub option at T5 if you want to experience an even remotely English pub experience, sadly. 

3 minutes ago, Zacharius said:

First of all, do make sure you are actually flying BA on the LHR-ORD route, and not an AA aircraft with a BA codeshare. That would require a switch over to T3, which will eat some time. 

Also keep in mind that your 1h40 will be fairly substantially cut by the fact that you will need to re-clear security at LHR (could take up to 20-30 minutes), and then you'll probably need to get from A gates out to B or C gates, which isn't difficult, but does eat up another 5-10 mintues. Plus, your LHR-ORD flight will board around 30 to 45 minutes in advance (though you can wait to board a bit)...so your connection really isn't that long, let alone long enough to eat a sit-down meal at a pub. 

All that being said, there really isn't a good pub option at T5 if you want to experience an even remotely English pub experience, sadly. 

Thanks for the info and advice. We are flying out of ORD with AA on a BA codeshare but flying in and out of LHR on BA.

On 2/14/2020 at 10:24 AM, FManke said:

Thanks for the info and advice. We are flying out of ORD with AA on a BA codeshare but flying in and out of LHR on BA.

Having just experienced Heathrow for the first time ever this past week..I wouldn't really plan or have your heart set on anything specific.  It's a huge, crowded airport and if you have to switch terminals via the train that will eat up a good chunk of time. 

If you do find yourself in Terminal 5 after security and have time, seek out Wetherspoons at the B gates.  It will have the pub fare you are seeking..they are ubiquitous to the UK and are akin to Dennys or Applebees in the US as far as food quality..but it tends to be quick as you can download their app and order your food right to your table without waiting!